Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Rome: Total War 2 developer session

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Hah, I thought that was the same vid. Anyway, I'm liking what I see. Very much a traditional TW game that seems to expand on what works and limit the micromanagement and grind. Also dig the ability for armies to get 'traditions' and the added info regarding diplomacy. Now they just need to add an actual AI to totally win me over. Also lol at all the hype they made about getting in with the troops during battles. Apart from a unit cam there is nothing like that in the battle. In fact, it seems very much a traditional battle with a few extra toys. I like it. Also very much enjoying the art style. They learned something from Shogun 2.

Only thing that looks lame and forced is the political faction system. Seems very limited and simple, thus making it not much of an addition to the game. Will see. At the very least it will work like a late game challenge such as the civil war in the first Rome or the realm divide in Shogun 2. Looking forward to actually playing this one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom