Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Just when you thought it was over

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: Firaxis; Kotaku; XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Firaxes teased with a trailer on PAX this week and it all seems to point to them making another Xcom game. So, a brand new sequel to Enemy Unknown or will Terror from the Deep get itself a reimagining?

Firaxis tossing out their original plans for a serious remake and doing something a lot more 'streamlined' and retard friendly still pisses me off. Perhaps this time things will be different. Yup.

Thanks to Bony for driving another nail into my coffin.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
:/ They either go underwater/ground or space, after aliens... I still punch meself getting my hopes up about Enemy Unknown...

Edit: My vote goes for Terror From the Derp!

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I still punch meself getting my hopes up about Enemy Unknown...

It's funny but it was people like Skyway that knew from the start what this game would be like yet they were ridiculed. Just as he and I are being ridiculed for being cynical about Might and Magic X unlike the slobbering hordes. Man is not a learning animal and true vision is never appreciated in its own time.

Zeriel

Arcane

It's funny but it was people like Skyway that knew from the start what this game would be like yet they were ridiculed. Just as he and I are being ridiculed for being cynical about Might and Magic X unlike the slobbering hordes. Man is not a learning animal and true vision is never appreciated in its own time.

"Everything ever will be shit" isn't a wise insight, it's just cynically assuming the likeliest outcome. Trumpeting the confirmation of Murphy's Law as a sign of personal brilliance is kind of silly.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2

The thing is, I really got tired playing same games over a decade so over and over, i get my hopes high and pray for some light at the end of the tunnel when i saw game news like this. But nowadays that lights only be trains ...
Although 2013-14 is looking good at long last, even %25 of KS/indie games hold their promises I'll be a happy panda :)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm sure the first and final play-through after not removing this from inventory will be enough to justify the game's existence, just like it was with the other one.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron

The thing is, I really got tired playing same games over a decade so over and over, i get my hopes high and pray for some light at the end of the tunnel when i saw game news like this. But nowadays that lights only be trains ...
Although 2013-14 is looking good at long last, even %25 of KS/indie games hold their promises I'll be a happy panda :)

Yeah but I already learned the hard way to curb my enthusiasm whenever a mainstream developer promises something. Better to be pleasantly surprised than bitterly disappointed. At least if you expect a steaming elephant turd and find it only to be goat pellets then that's an incline right there.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Skyway that knew from the start what this game would be like yet they were ridiculed.

Yeah, man. Must be hard being Skyway. Take the same attitude towards any and every game no matter the circumstances, and be especially contrarian if you can take a standpoint opposite to the general feelings of the Codex. When you're actually right once in a blue moon, you still get ridiculed, just like all the times when you were just an idiotic whiner with an inexplicable hard-on for terrible games which you will defend over better games any day of the week.

So hard, being Skyway. I cried a single tear for that poor poor bastard, bro.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I thought it was obvious it's going to be shit the second they said time units are getting thrown out along with inventory management, having more than one base. Hearing that squad size will be limited to 4 (and later 6 with upgrades) people and that it uses UE3 and will be available on consoles was just the icing on the popamole cake. You didn't need to be a fucking prophet to figure that shit out, you just had to read what was said almost immediately after the announcement and stop to think why they are changing/removing those things. Just shows how much the codex has declined over the years.

:rpgcodex:

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
So hard, being Skyway. I cried a single tear for that poor poor bastard, bro.

I got ya man, I got ya...

tumblr_meu6nnhaNo1ruv7hp.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom