Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Total War: Rome II - Parthia revealed

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Tags: Creative Assembly; Sega; Total War: Rome II

700px-ParthiaRoyalCataphracts.png

The seventh faction for Total War: Rome II has been revealed and it is Parthia.

Much like in the original Rome: Total War, Parthia will be cavalry based with a mixture of horse archers and heavy cavalry.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Parthia4.jpg

So, Bactria's on the map. I wonder if it will be a playable faction.

Also, I wonder if they'll make any Parthian/Persian/Mesopotamian cities as detailed and archaeologically accurate as Roma and Karthago.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Seems we are going east. Way east.

Perhaps that Mongolia comment wasn't faulty afterall? We'll see. Nice to get such a diverse mix of playable factions btw. Looking forward to see if they also differ a lot regarding game mechanics and so on. Anyway, what do you reckon will be the last? Seleucids? A Hispanian tribe? Numidians? Egypt? Methinks it will be the Ptolemaic Kingdom.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
How many playable factions will there be? I hope there'll be enough variety from the starts rather than loads of faction DLCs.

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
There's only going to be eight? But, Egypt and the Seleucids aren't revealed yet, are they really going to choose between those two? They were big.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
There's only going to be eight? But, Egypt and the Seleucids aren't revealed yet, are they really going to choose between those two? They were big.
One of them will be day-1 DLC I guess. :decline:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
I bet the next reveal will be Egypt.

Also, if they really expand the map farther east, that's some huge fucking potential for DLC milking.
Playable Indians DLC!
Playable Seleucids and Bactrians DLC!
Steppe Barbarians DLC!
Thracians DLC!
Greek Cities DLC!
Numidian DLC!

Akarnir

Educated
There has never a been an Antiquity game without the Egyptians. So yeah, Ptolemies are next.

I hope we can play the scythians in a DLC. The Parthians needs a good match. And a steppe faction is always interesting.As long as they don't make them look like Mongols or Huns.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
There's going to be Spartans mark my words. Despite being an irrelevant city state at the time they'll be one of the first DLC's.

Well maybe others will be unlockable. I actually like that approach in Rome and the M2TW Kingdoms expansions.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Expecting, at the very least, day one Spartan DLC. Probably be of the Biowarian "It's free with any first-hand purchase of the retail copy/preorder of digital copy" persuasion.

Next reveals almost certainly's gonna be Egypt, not even a contest.

Akarnir

Educated
Looks beautiful, but so far disappointed by the small number of factions. I hope enabling the others will be as simple as editing a .txt file.

Except they will be crappy to play since they aren't meant to be.

Can't wait to do their cowardly subhuman tactics with the horse archers and heavy cataphracts hitting ass and leg with lances. I adore parthia, using nothing but cavalry armies and watching entire enemies stacks vanish within turns of entering the mountains of Iran.

In other news, does anyone know if the Ptolemies will be realistic and not some comedy faction with pharaoh's guard, silly hats and phalanxes of machete gangs?

Akarnir

Educated
In other news, does anyone know if the Ptolemies will be realistic and not some comedy faction with pharaoh's guard, silly hats and phalanxes of machete gangs?

I'm expecting a more realistic, greek Ptolomies. But considering this is CA, all bets are off.

They have stated that they should be pretty accurate. Mostly a mix between Hellenistic troops and more ''traditional'' Egyptians troops. The Hellenisitic troops being mostly the elites while the Egyptian ''mummy'' are the levies.

oscar

Arcane
But considering this is CA, all bets are off.

I'm fairly optimistic, as they seem to be trying to make this a lot more historically accurate than Rome 1 and are removing some of the silly elements.

MetalCraze

Arcane
True. According to history that age was a dark time, piss filter everywhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom