Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Unity of Command goes Steam

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Tags: 2x2 games; Red Turn: The road to Berlin; Steam; Unity of Command

Unity of Command is out now on Steam. If you enjoy a Panzer General alike with an added and vital supply layer and an AI that loves to ruin your day this might be worth checking out. Also worth mentioning is that work is well under way on DLC campaign Red Turn: The Road to Berlin that sees the Russian army mature into the force that marched into the Reichstag. Plus, they will be releasing a scenario editor with the 1.04 update.

TripJack

Hedonist
if it gets a deel during christmas sale i'll grab this one for sure

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Had a lot of fun with this one. Nifty play mechanics that work together with the AI to create quite some challenging scenarios. Looking forward to the scenario editor myself.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
Tried the demo, and pleased to see that one of the first introductory missions was the Crimean campaign which I just read about in Manstein's book.

The game is quite a bit less complex than Hearts of iron, I can say with certainty, as it's more strategy than grand strategy which gets rid of a lot of gameplay tedium and allows you to focus solely on military matters as opposed to both political and military matters. Recommended for strategy fans who fall outside the Starcraft demographic.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
What I'd be looking for is a spiritual successor to Fantasy General or Battle Isle.
I just cannot into world war or real-life military even though I thought Panzer General was brilliant. .
Everything is grey and cold in that game and others, even though I liked PG.

Didn't keep it from collecting dust next to my far more beloved Fantasy General. What a game. :reminiscence:

I need popamole!

eklektyk

Erudite
What I'd be looking for is a spiritual successor to Fantasy General or Battle Isle.
I just cannot into world war or real-life military even though I thought Panzer General was brilliant. .
Everything is grey and cold in that game and others, even though I liked PG.

Didn't keep it from collecting dust next to my far more beloved Fantasy General. What a game. :reminiscence:

I need popamole!
have u tried http://fantasywars.1cpublishing.eu/ ???
if u can live with 3d engine it can entertain for few plays [with its exp pack/dlc elven wars or smth]

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
What's this? potentially a decent turn based strategy title that doesn't have map graphics pulled straight from beelzebubs arse?

It's a PG clone from a guy who apparantly loves playmobile. Like PG most maps are akin to puzzles in that you can 'solve' them. There are however plenty of approaches and the AI loves to stomp on your fingers the first opportunity it gets. Keeping it quite fresh.

Plus yeah apart from the playmobile unit counters (which I dig) the map graphics themselves are awesome. I was going to dismiss this as a fun little time-waster untill I noticed I spend over 40 hours on it and was still having fun. Try the demo if interested. The Crimea scenario is nothing but a tutorial on how to move and use abilities but I believe a more decent one is also included.

Fantasy General is extremely :monocle:.

Incredibly awesome game indeed good sir.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
ROSTOVYAR.png

:thumbsup:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom