Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Delayed

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Tags: Baldur's Gate; Beamdog

Overhaul Game's take on updating Baldur's Gate seems to have run into some problems:

After recently reviewing the game and then consulting with our partners, we've decided to ensure that Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition is the best possible product on launch. Thus, we have pushed back the release date of the game. Our release date is now November 30th, 2012.

To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support.​

The initial date set for sometime in summer 2012 did seem a little optimistic.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'M SORRY BUT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THE BALDUR'S GATE ENHANCED EDITION IS NOW ON KICKSTARTER

Deleted member 7219

They're delaying a sleazy re-release of an old game that works perfectly well on modern systems? Good.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm not a malicious kind of guy but this can't fail hard enough for me.

Black

Arcane
What a shame. It was a good cash-in. What a rotten way to get delayed.

Stabwound

Arcane
Translation: they're finding it hard to rip off enough mods and apply enough blur filters before the release date.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I'M SORRY BUT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THE BALDUR'S GATE ENHANCED EDITION IS NOW ON KICKSTARTER
checkmate-by-alanlight-at-flickr.jpg

Cynic

Arcane
Game is 10 years old, already been released multiple times, gets delayed. How the fuck.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Yes yes... delay it until *after* Wasteland 2 comes out.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How the fuck do you just realize your project needs 2.5 months of more work like a week before its supposed to be released?

Murk

Arcane
I have often heard the phrase "rat bastards" before but rarely has it been so apt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom