Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Prepare to Die: Dark Souls PC Officially Announced

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tags: Dark Souls: Prepare to Die; From Software; Namco Bandai

In the best recent news after (or I would even say on par with) Kickstarter, Namco Bandai have officially announced Dark Souls: Prepare to Die, a PC edition of the game, to be released on August 24. You can head over to Destructoid to watch the brand new trailer!

At a press conference this morning in Las Vegas, Namco Bandai officially announced Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition for PC. Hidetaka Miyazaki, Director at From Software, was on hand to give some early details for this release.

Grateful for al the feedback from the console version, From Software is taking all they've learned from fans to shape this Windows PC release. There were no plans for a PC version at first, but with the support of Namco Bandai and game fans they're glad to be showing off their early plans for one. A teaser trailer was shown to press members at this event, and it promised that darkness will continue with all-new content.

Namco didn’t provide any details of new content on Dark Souls for PC, but did confirm that the PC version would include new content that isn’t present in the console versions. The game will be released on August 24th worldwide, via select retailers and download release.

The expanded take on From Software's acclaimed action RPG will support Games For Windows Live. There's been no mention of a console DLC release for the new content.​

And the official website is now up! It even lists new content:
  • New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
  • PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
  • New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
  • New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
  • New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
  • New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
  • More details to be revealed...
Sounds swell. Just please PLEASE no half-assed console port. Fingers fucking crossed.

Sources: Destructoid, Eurogamer, and Siliconera.

mbpopolano24

Arbiter
I don't know this ... Dark Souls. Is it any good? Why we should care? From the trailer it looks like any SkyRim...etarded.

Achilles

Arcane
In the best recent news after (or I would even say on par with) Kickstarter

I understand your excitement Bee but surely this is an exaggeration. As good an action-RPG as Dark Souls may be, it's certainly not on par even with the idea of an old-school Wasteland 2.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Decent shit coming out on the next few months or AWESOME shit coming out god-knows-when, which is better news and why?

DISCUSS!!

Crooked Bee

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

I understand your excitement Bee but surely this is an exaggeration. As good an action-RPG as Dark Souls may be, it's certainly not on par even with the idea of an old-school Wasteland 2.

I dunno, to me FS games are some of the all-time best dungeon crawlers. Different subgenre, sure, but they're definitely on par with such cRPG classics as Wasteland to me.

Crooked Bee

Patron
And the official website is now up! It even lists new content:
  • New Bosses - Including Artorias of Abyss, Chimera of Tomb, and more
  • PVP Online Matchmaking System - Quick matching for co-op or PVP
  • New Areas – Including Oolacile Tomb, Old Ruins and more
  • New Enemies – Including Abyss Guard, Chained Prisoner and more
  • New NPCs – Including Hawkeye Gough and more
  • New Weapons and Armor – Equip some from the new bosses, enemies, and NPCs
  • More details to be revealed...
:love:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
I own the Xbox version, played it a lot, and will still buy the PC one and play it a lot more. It's that fucking good, and having a definitive PC version with more content, better graphics and possibility of mods is fantastic. Also, 10 years from now I will still be able to play it without depending on still owning a Xbox.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
The expanded take on From Software's acclaimed action RPG will support Games For Windows Live

:hmmm:

I will probably get the drm free version

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
graphics will be the same as that of the console version
gamepad can be used
key binding can not be changed
it'll take around 60 hours to finish the game
there's NewGame+ and NewGame++

:x

Still, excited.
Where did you find those infos? Saying that graphics will be the same is almost the same as saying that there will be no graphics option and the port will be shit...

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I don't know this ... Dark Souls. Is it any good? Why we should care? From the trailer it looks like any SkyRim...etarded.
8/10, would rage again.

Depends on your priorities. If you exclusively like Codex-approved RPGs, like Fallout and Ultima 5, then Kickstarter will be more important to you. But if you like other genres too, you have to realize that this is probably the best game that came out in the last five or seven years on any console, and that's big.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Now that I think about it, I don't really see the big need for a PC port. Why can't people play it on the PS3, as they should? PC ports always suck, especially those made by From Software.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I don't see the problem. Either you are willing to invest that much into a good game - and I add, it's not a lot of money for someone who works, especially considering the many hours of entertainment you get out of it - or you are not.

With a PC, you still have to buy the game. Anyone serious about games he likes has all the consoles and PC hardware he needs to enjoy the newest offerings that interest him, regardless.

Black

Arcane
key binding can not be changed
Hah, typical half-assed console part. No thanks, not touching it unless they man the fuck up and make a decent port. It's already on xbawks so how hard can it be?
Heard Alan Wake port was pretty good and that even Capcom nowadays manages to make good ports (not talking about quality of their games, only ports).
Why can't people play it on the PS3

Because buying a console (a bad one at that) for a single game is kind of dumb, Jasede-kun.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Specially if you live in third worldia where due to awesome importing taxes, a console system costs almost as much as a gaming PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom