Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Sith Lords Update Inbound

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

<a href=http://www.obsidianent.com>Obsidian</a> has announced that a patch for Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II should be released shortly, but there is no mention of any details.
<br>
<blockquote>Star Wars Knights of the Old Rebuplic II PC patch coming soon!</blockquote>Hopefully this will fix all the problems owners of the X-line ATI cards have been having, and the Dantooine slowdown problem.

NeverwinterKnight

Liturgist
my guess is people will get their hopes up and expect this patch to fix every conceivable problem theyve faced with their game and i dont think that will happen.

Jennifer

Liturgist
no credit to me for finding the news? that's bad karma, man. i should sue or something

Fez

Erudite
Get Derek Smart to help you, he know all about bringing this kind of commie scum to justice.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Actually, the only bug I've really had a problem with is the movement bug where I'll freeze in running pose and like zoooooooom to the other side of the level. Oh, and I get massive slowdown whenever there's lots of smoke on screen. Hopefully those two will get fixed.

Also, I sincerely hope they have plans to fix the ending. The last part of the game was worse than Bloodlines. From the minute you return to Telos until the very end, I was pretty fucking upset. And the actual ending itself? Holy fuck. Can you say "ran out of time"? :(

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Too little; too late.

As for spoilerz. What the hellz? This is the Codex. There's spoilers all over. Stop whining about spoilerz espicially when they don't exist.

Sammael

Liturgist
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Actually, the only bug I've really had a problem with is the movement bug where I'll freeze in running pose and like zoooooooom to the other side of the level. Oh, and I get massive slowdown whenever there's lots of smoke on screen. Hopefully those two will get fixed.
I'm experiencing both these bugs as well, and I've had them in the original KotOR as well, so I highly doubt that they'll be fixed. The freeze-zoom bug is particularly annoying at certain points in the game where it can result in the Exile ending up in the middle of enemies.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
I hate that free-zooom bug with apassion. It is in both games; but it seems to be worst in KOTOR2 lasting much longer and often times I am forced to reload to fix it.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I found a way around it that works everytime as long as you catch it before the zoom happens. Just rotate the camera 180 degrees and that tends to stop the freeze. Of course, you have to keep the camera in the position for most of the area you are in. But, hey, it works.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom