Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review Geneforge Reviewed by RPGCodex

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Geneforge; Spiderweb Software

Our very own Saint Proverbius has written us a detailed review on the pros and cons of playing Spiderweb Software's <a href="http://www.spidweb.com/geneforge/index.html">Geneforge</a>. Check out his review to see if it lives up to the standard of a good RPG like Fallout.
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Each of these factions has their own territory in the game. Because of their political natures, each faction also tries to undermine the other factions and also spy on each other. You'll often find these spies are more willing to talk to you and give themselves up in the hope that you'll ally with their people. Yes, even the Takers will allow a Shaper to ally with them.
<br>
<br>
There are several Serviles who don't follow any of the factions. Instead, they chose to live away from these factions, on their own terms. You'll find them living quietly in the less civilized locations of the game. Most of them will provide insight on all the factions, in an unbiased manner. Because of their neutral stances, they're often consulted by all the factions, and can influence them for you.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Read it <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com/content.php?id=6" target=blank">here</a>, and be sure to leave some comments.
<br>

I dunno about this, but I for one think Nintendo may be on to something with Super Mario Bros.

Something tells me that series will go far.

Micmu

Magister
Awor Szurkrarz said:
It really annoys me that it's impossible to normally play Geneforge on Linux.
Which one?
I played all of them (and Avernums as well) using WINE. There was an annoying mouse lag in one of the Geneforges, that I do remember.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I have the lag in Geneforge 1. I can't get the rest to run at all.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom