Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview KOTOR II Interview at PlayMoreConsoles

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords

There's a <a href=http://xbox.playmoreconsoles.com/interview.asp?IntID=37>new interview</a> at PlayMoreConsoles with Chris Avellone and producer Mike Gallo.
<br>
<blockquote><b>How many possible endings will there be?</b>
<br>
<br>
[Mike Gallo] More than one!
<br>
<br>
[Chris Avellone] I don¡¦t know how familiar you are with Fallout on the PC, but the goal we¡¦re shooting for here is something similar to the end-sequences in Fallout, where you get to see your choices over the course of the game at the end. I don¡¦t know how well it will work, but we thought it was worth attempting.</blockquote>
<br>
Joy.
<br>
<br>
Thanks to <b>Kumquatq3</b> for the heads up.

Txiasaeia

Novice
"[Chris Avellone] I don¡¦t know how familiar you are with Fallout on the PC..."

This is the most depressing thing I've read all day.

Sirus

Liturgist
Nice. Hopefully it'll make up for the crappy KOTOR 1 ending.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Hopefully it'll make up for the crappy KOTOR 1 ending."

More importantly, it'll beat up the IWD series and PST endings. Oh tag!

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
Cool, but it is obvious he was name-dropping to try and make us happy.

Spazmo

Erudite
Good point, jiu, but he's not saying "Oh, it'll be like Fallout" in the general sense--he's specifically saying that KOTOR2 will have an endgame slideshow just like the one in Fallout. So I think we can trust him there and it's really cool in any case.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
You know, if they pull that off I think I will start to like Chris Avellone. But I guess there remains to be seen if there's actually any vital differences to be made in the game.

"Killing Bastila and Carth dealt a massive blow to the Republic but in your heart, you know that the blabbermouths finally have found peace. [insert sound effect: 'diabolic laughter']"

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"IWD had an awesome ending."

Really? 'The End' is an awesome ending? Hahaha. It was ok for the type of game it was; but it was not 'awesome'.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Txiasaeia said:
"[Chris Avellone] I don¡¦t know how familiar you are with Fallout on the PC..."

This is the most depressing thing I've read all day.

It could be worse. He could've said "I don't know how many of you are familiar with this game about drugs and hookers in a desert for the PC..."

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Hijacking the thread for a while, am I the only one to get flashbacks of John Carpenter's "They Live!" when I read PlayMoreConsoles? How long until we get services, advertisements, and brand names which are incredibly direct like that? A brand of food called "Eat Me". A game called "Jiggly Woman Saves the Day". A movie called "Bulky Man Kills Mobsters". A condom brand called "Reproduce". Sites with names like "Buy More Games", "Upgrade Your Computer" or Get More RAM!".

Reklar

Liturgist
Heh, I don't know the answer your question, Role-Player, but I have to say the movie They Live (if it's the one I'm thinking of) was hilarious. :D

"I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum."

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

Spazmo

Erudite
Transcendent One said:
I didn't find anything impressive in IWD's ending either, though I thought the ending for IWD2 was kinda cool.

IWD was your stock heroic sacrifice fantasy ending with milk and cookies for the good guys and was appropriate for what IWD was: a standard D&D monster stomping dungeon crawl. I really can't even remember IWD2's ending, though the storyline was generally decent. I probably forgot the ending because I got so exasperated at the end of IWD2.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Yeah, "They Live!" was great :) I'm planning on getting the DVD version maybe this Christmas, along with "The Thing". Great movies which forever changed my childhood :razz:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Role-Player said:
Hijacking the thread for a while, am I the only one to get flashbacks of John Carpenter's "They Live!" when I read PlayMoreConsoles? How long until we get services, advertisements, and brand names which are incredibly direct like that? A brand of food called "Eat Me". A game called "Jiggly Woman Saves the Day". A movie called "Bulky Man Kills Mobsters". A condom brand called "Reproduce". Sites with names like "Buy More Games", "Upgrade Your Computer" or Get More RAM!".

Now, I don't know how experienced you are in this area, but I know that a condom brand named "Reproduce" would make me extremely unlikely to purchase it. ;)

I have some hopes for KotOR 2, I think that Avellone and co. can put a good touch to this game. To me, a game like the original, but with more options, freedoms and different endings would be good enough. Oh, and more lightsaber colors, let's keep focus on what's important here people!

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
Reklar said:
Don't forget the custom hilts, Azael. :lol:

-Reklar
(a Fallout/RPG fan)

How could I forget? The very reason why I finally gave up on Bioware's KotOR boards was when I realized that most of the people there were more concerned with stuff like that than actual roleplaying options.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Azael said:
How could I forget? The very reason why I finally gave up on Bioware's KotOR boards was when I realized that most of the people there were more concerned with stuff like that than actual roleplaying options.

I remember ignoring a question in a Lionheart developer chat we hosted that was, Can we have white haired characters? White hair is cool!

I like being able to customize character appearance somewhat myself, but if that's all you're concerned with in character creation in a game, then something is way wrong with your priorities.

The Exar

Liturgist
Well, they answered the most common-asked question. But if you constantly visit the Obsidian forums - you already know most of the answers...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Screw useless aesthetics. Bring on the gameplay.

I just don't see the point in having a bunch of stupid 'customized hilts' when the gameplay itself might be lacklustre or what have you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom