Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview BioDoc Interview @ Develop

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare

<p>Develop had the opportunity to <a href="http://www.develop-online.net/features/1063/FAQ-Muzyka-Zeschuk" target="_blank">chat up</a> with both BioDocs.</p>
<blockquote>
<p><strong>What is your favourite game ever, and for what reason?</strong><br /><strong>Zeschuk:</strong> I really like Wasteland, which was a precursor to the Fallout stuff. It was one of the first open-world RPGs, and one of the first of that type, so I was just blown away by that. I think it was the game that opened my eyes to what you would eventually be able to do. It let me see the possibilities.<br /><br /><strong>Muzyka:</strong> Mine was probably the original System Shock. It was awesome. I think I finished that game four times in ten years. I loved the way it was the first true 3D adventure. The shooter mechanic in 3D meant it was very hard to control in a way, but the richness of the world was amazing. Our IT guys hate us for it, but we use a fan website with patches to make sure System Shock will work on our current gen laptops.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.rpgwatch.com/#16233">RPGWatch</a></p>

catfood

AGAIN
What is your favourite game ever, and for what reason?
Zeschuk: I really like Wasteland, which was a precursor to the Fallout stuff. It was one of the first open-world RPGs, and one of the first of that type, so I was just blown away by that. I think it was the game that opened my eyes to what you would eventually be able to do. It let me see the possibilities.

Muzyka: Mine was probably the original System Shock. It was awesome. I think I finished that game four times in ten years. I loved the way it was the first true 3D adventure. The shooter mechanic in 3D meant it was very hard to control in a way, but the richness of the world was amazing. Our IT guys hate us for it, but we use a fan website with patches to make sure System Shock will work on our current gen laptops.

Weak. Pete would have replied Oblivion (or Fallout 3). :smug:

Angthoron

Arcane
And this is why their games have so much in common with their favourite games!

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
"Shit, I have an interview with those annoying HARDCORE gamers! They want to know what my favorite game ever is. I have to think of a really cool, old game. Quick, to gamesonlythosewithgreattasterememberstoday.com! Wasteland! Yes, that seems like it says a lot about the kind of games I ended up overseeing! There's just something about this that screams Neverwinter Effect of the Old Dragon Empire!"

Of course, if he's honest then it's even sadder.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
So the guys who love Wasteland make Mass Effect, and the guy who loves Mass Effect makes Geneforge.

Makes perfect sense.

:?

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Sceptic said:
So the guys who love Wasteland make Mass Effect, and the guy who loves Mass Effect makes Geneforge.

Makes perfect sense.

:?
Obviously taste doesn't equal talent. Or something.

Achilles

Arcane
Hmm, has anyone considered that they might be telling the truth and that they are fully aware that they are releasing crap? Maybe somewhere in Bioware's offices sits an angry Biodoc looking at Wasteland on one PC and Dragon Age 2 on the other and muttering to himself "what the fuck am I making".

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
As I said, that would be even sadder than them just bullshitting us with some quick mobygames surfing.

You could perhaps say that going through the pain of developing games constantly in a specific genre, one gets tired and disinteresting in actually playing games in that genre. What you do for 8+ hours a day for work is probably not what you still want to do for fun in your off time.

nFn

Educated
Muzyka: We have four studios in our group. They’re all doing different things, working on different projects, but as part of our group vision, which is about making the most emotionally engaging gaming experiences in the world. It’s a pretty bold vision, so we try to pursue it in many different ways.

What disappoints you about the games industry today?
Muzyka: There’s too many games released today. It interesting, because it’s very, very busy, it makes it very hard as a player to keep up. The releases clump up – even though that is changing a little bit.

:roll:

Begriffenfeldt

Educated
Alexandros said:
Hmm, has anyone considered that they might be telling the truth and that they are fully aware that they are releasing crap? Maybe somewhere in Bioware's offices sits an angry Biodoc looking at Wasteland on one PC and Dragon Age 2 on the other and muttering to himself "what the fuck am I making".
Sure, but then they realize a Dragon Age 2 is a lot easier to make (and sell) than a Wasteland, so they go "fuck it".

Pegultagol

Erudite
Muzyka: We have four studios in our group. They’re all doing different things, working on different projects, but as part of our group vision, which is about making the most money in the world. It’s a pretty bold investment, so we try to pursue it in many different ways.

[Perception]

ElectricOtter

Broseidon said:
When I played Wasteland for the first time(not that long ago, but play along), I was like, "Jesus tittyfucking christ. Some day a developer with vision is going to make a game with gay elf and/or alien bitch who never leaves her suit sex."
:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom