Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mod News Planescape: Torment Modding Guide

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Black Isle Studios; Planescape: Torment

<p>Remember MCA's one-hit masterpiece, <strong>Planescape: Torment</strong>? Have you ever wondered what the so-called "mods" are and what to do with them? Fear not, all you have to do is to follow the steps as described in <a href="http://www.gog.com/en/news/mod_spotlight_planescape_torment_mods_guide/pp/972a67c48192728a34979d9a35164c1295401b71" target="_blank">Good Old Game's PS:T mod guide</a>.</p>
<blockquote>
<p>Most of GOG.com users already know that Planescape: Torment is one of the best games ever created. What's even cooler about it, fans of the game made it even better with lots of mods and enhancements, but it's pretty difficult to figure out what modifications and in which order they should be installed. Thanks to Johnny Walker aka ThunderPeel2001 we're posting a detailed description of the fastest and easiest way to get the best of Planescape: Torment.</p>
</blockquote>
<p>Qwinn, Ghostdog... names which have become immortal.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100297-planescape-torment-modding-guide.html">GB</a></p>

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Remember MCA's one-hit masterpiece, Planescape: Torment? Have you ever wondered what the so-called "mods" are and what to do with them? Fear not, all you have to do is to follow the steps as described in Good Old Game's PS:T mod guide.

Or you could go straight to the original mod guide that covers all PST game versions. The GOG guide covers only the gog version.

Chefe

Erudite
Is there a mod that gets rid of all the trash combat?

I'm serious. Please tell me. I'd like to finally play all the way through this game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Just run away, with thief-invisibility to reduce annoyance if need be. Annah'll serve you well except for that one part after the skull pillar where you have to have TNO activate the portal out of there. I think.

made

Arcane
Why is this newsworthy? It's both old and only applies to the GoG release, as ghostdog pointed out.

Exult and Pentagram have new versions out. I had to go to fucking RPGwatch to find out ffs.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Unkillable Cat said:
Read that guide, saw:

"Do NOT install: Scales of Souls."

Anyone know why?

Basically because it's considered a cheat. But aside from that there isn't any other problem.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Not working on wine.

I'm very butthurt about this issue, but basically mined the game of all possible content before (and infered some content that is not there).

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
And many scient "fixes" are actually crashing the game - even in windows, be careful installing the quicksave/quickload component for instance.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
As far as I know many people have installed the mods successfully on wine.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
On 64 bits they crash the game when resting. Original games does not do that, ergo, some ASM wizardry went horribly wrong.

Chefe

Erudite
Roguey said:
Just run away, with thief-invisibility to reduce annoyance if need be. Annah'll serve you well except for that one part after the skull pillar where you have to have TNO activate the portal out of there. I think.

Thanks, but I'd prefer if there was a way to get rid of them. For example, after I installed a passive wildlife mod in Morrowind, I finally finished that game because it became so much more enjoyable.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You don't finish morrowind. You get new mods.

Just like you don't finish thief. You get new missions that, while having nothing to with the City, Builder or Garrett (TM of some dead in the soul corporation) share uncanny similarities.

Chefe

Erudite
I finished House Redoran and defeated Dagoth Ur, then Tribunal, and then quit. To me, that's finished, except for Bloodmoon, but I found that one boring.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom