Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News IPLY pays off some suits

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Interplay

Looks like <a href="http://www.interplay.com">Interplay</a> is putting <A href="http://www.bethsoft.com">Bethesda</A>'s rights money to good use <A href="http://biz.yahoo.com/e/040715/iply.ob8-k.html">per this 8-K report</a>. They can now distribute D&D games again!
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>Interplay Entertainment Corp. (the "Company") has reached agreement with AtariInteractive, Inc. and Vivendi Universal Games, Inc.("Vivendi") that will allow Vivendi to resume North American distribution, pursuant to its pre-existing agreement with the Company, of certain Dungeons & Dragons games, including Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Too bad BGDA2 is now seven months old.
<br>
<br>
Thanks, <b>Odin</b> of <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com">NMA</a>!
<br>

protobob

Liturgist
I assume 'certain games' doesn't include Jefferson. How close to finished was Jefferson anyway? My mind if foggy.

DemonKing

Arcane
protobob said:
I assume 'certain games' doesn't include Jefferson. How close to finished was Jefferson anyway? My mind if foggy.

I seem to remember Sawyer somewhere saying it was about 6 months from release before they pulled the plug.

taks

Liturgist
uh, a bit more than 6 months. i think it got canned in april and they were shooting for an early december release. JE had stated that goal would have been tough to meet.
taks

DemonKing

Arcane
Saint_Proverbius said:
Seven said:
Is it publishable though?

For Interplay? Sure.

Not sure about that myself - it only says that they can resume distribution of certain D&D titles - it's hard to resume distribution of a game that never reached distribution. :cry:

Spazmo

Erudite
Yeah, but since it's a BG game, it might go under that agreement. I don't want to start sounding like some desperately optimistic mook here, but if he could legally, I bet Herve would sic whatever devs he's got left on Jefferson and finish it double quick to get something on shelves.

Of course, since it's Herve, he'd probably make it a Game Boy Advance game and he'd go back to poverty but, well, y'know.

Hey, anyone think he'll use the money to bring IPLY's website back up?

Lasakon

Liturgist
Spazmo said:
Yeah, but since it's a BG game, it might go under that agreement. I don't want to start sounding like some desperately optimistic mook here, but if he could legally, I bet Herve would sic whatever devs he's got left on Jefferson and finish it double quick to get something on shelves.

Of course, since it's Herve, he'd probably make it a Game Boy Advance game and he'd go back to poverty but, well, y'know.

Hey, anyone think he'll use the money to bring IPLY's website back up?
It is up. It's all an illusion by the French hating government. Interplay is in great financial shape.

Duodenum

Novice
Lasakon said:
It is up. It's all an illusion by the French hating government. Interplay is in great financial shape.

Hey, we found out where the Iraqi Information Minister disappeared to! :D

Seven

Erudite
DemonKing said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
Seven said:
Is it publishable though?

For Interplay? Sure.

Not sure about that myself - it only says that they can resume distribution of certain D&D titles - it's hard to resume distribution of a game that never reached distribution. :cry:

I'll assume that the rank sarcasm was lost on you. :P

On a side note I'm happy that Iply hasn't died yet because I'm still in the running for the death-betting pool. :lol:

Greenskin13

Erudite
I still say we need a Surgeon General's warning....

I got till Yuletide....

Man, what was I thinking?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I can just imagine Jefferson now. You're ploughing your way through the last stages of the game when suddenly, a dialogue box pops up proclaiming "You are the winner! THE END".

DemonKing

Arcane
DarkUnderlord said:
I can just imagine Jefferson now. You're ploughing your way through the last stages of the game when suddenly, a dialogue box pops up proclaiming "You are the winner! THE END".

LOL - sounds like the ending of the original Wizardry game where you beat the Foozle and you get a one page description of your victory.

Boy, I was proud of that for months... :cool:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom