Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News FOOL is kind of Online

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Interplay

<p><strong>Fallout Online</strong>, the triumphant return (or last gasp) of Interplay, now has an <a href="http://www.fallout-on-line.com/" target="_blank">official site</a> complete with places to stick your personal information. Signing up for the newsletter also gives you the option of applying for the beta. While the thought of doing free beta testing for Interplay can be understandably revolting, it might be interesting to see the magic unfold should a gang of Codexers be accepted. Pretty Princess Posse? POWAH ARMOR MANZ 3? Angry Cunts of the Wasteland?<br /><br /><em>Thanks to Xor for sticking this in the Contact Box</em></p>

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
The thought of a gang of angry Codexers griefing the shit out of Bethtards and other popamole fags as an act of petty revenge and lulz against Fallout 3's success is pretty appealing.

Well, that's what made me sign up. :smug:

MessiahMan

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hah! The poor schmucks can't even make a website that's not shitty! This Fallout online will at least be mildly amusing to watch unfold. I predict that Bethesda's iteration of the series will scratch the Fallout itch better than this ever will.

Do you think the Bethtards will hop on this one, or ignore it due to hating Interplay over the court case or its failure to be consistent with Beth's FO3?

Also, I'm curious. What games were made after the current CEO took over? I know he's been sitting doing nothing but restructuring for the past decade, but prior to then, on the way down. Was it just IWD2 or did it include PS:T/FO2 etc?

mondblut

Arcane
The thought of a gang of angry Codexers griefing the shit out of Bethtards and other popamole fags as an act of petty revenge and lulz against Fallout 3's success is pretty appealing.

This.

Griefing never was as righteous and just. Here come the "Glittering gems of hatred".

MetalCraze

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:

You mean we will be killing each other?

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Azrael the cat said:
Also, I'm curious. What games were made after the current CEO took over? I know he's been sitting doing nothing but restructuring for the past decade, but prior to then, on the way down. Was it just IWD2 or did it include PS:T/FO2 etc?
PST and FO2 were published before Herve's era. Besides IWD2 there were also Dark Alliance games and Fallout BOS for consoles and a bunch of games made by other studios and published by Interplay, most notably Lionheart and Fallout Tactics.

Interplay is actually quite active now but their new games most probably won't interest an average Codexer. Fallout Online is their only PC title while the others are/have been made for Wii and handheld systems, usually it's exploiting old franchises (Prehistorik, Descent, Stonekeep, Earthworm Jim, Clay Fighter) but also creating few new titles.

Mr Carrot

Novice
I will sign up to some codex related venture and actually play a computer game for the first time in years.

Just to shoot some fucking Bethesda twat in the face.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Fat Dragon said:

Our time for revenge is at hand.

Bitcher

Educated
So, we're going to use a tool devised by those, who destroyed Fallout franchise in the first place to exact "revenge" for destroying Fallout?

Sign me the fuck up :cool: !

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Maybe we could co-operate with the Russian camp on this.

Those dudes are hardcore.

Wow, I just read Herve's history with Interplay in Wikipedia. I forgot how much of a douche he was. They went public when they were successful, he bought them ought when they ran into financial difficulty and their share prices plummeted, then he replaced Fargo with himself despite Interplay's continued success as a developer (it was only their publishing side that was struggling). As soon as he does that they stop making full crpgs - just straight to same-engine 'sequels' (IWD2), FO: BoS and so on. Interplay's financial struggles accelerate as a consequence, though their development side is still profitable due to back-catalogue, but Titus (his company) goes broke and sends Interplay broke as a consequence. I.e. Interplay never actually went under from its own flopping - but because Titus (Herve) acquired it and then went bankrupt.

Fuck. That guy is so much worse than Bethesda.

Bitcher said:
So, we're going to use a tool devised by those, who destroyed Fallout franchise in the first place to exact "revenge" for destroying Fallout?

Sign me the fuck up :cool: !

By doing that we'd be enhancing the ruthless wasteland feeling of the game, which would attract more customers, except it would be too hard for them, which would lead Bethesda to sell "cash-items" in ingame shops for real money. We'd be destoying ourselves while thinking we're destroying them by using their own devices against them.

IT'S A RECURSIVE POST-IRONIC TRAP, YOU FOOLS

Bitcher

Educated
Well then, how about using DU's dark sith powers to take over their servers? Fair Codexia would finally become a reality!!1

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
It doesn't matter what they do, you can never take the fun out of good ol' mmorpg griefing. I fondly remember my times with Ultima Online.

Silellak

Cipher
Hmmm...
340x.png

Silellak

Cipher
FeelTheRads said:
If I can't play as The Master I'm not getting it.
The class is pretty gimped, since you can't really move much, and you're incredibly weak against the Diplomat class.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Silellak said:
FeelTheRads said:
If I can't play as The Master I'm not getting it.
The class is pretty gimped, since you can't really move much, and you're incredibly weak against the Diplomat class.

:lol:

I'm morbidly curious how this MMO is going to turn out.

I'm sure it will be shit, but HOW shitty...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom