Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial E for Effort : Mass Effect examined

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; Mass Effect 2

<a href="http://www.destructoid.com/e-for-effort-the-mass-effect-series-so-far-170789.phtml">Destructoid analyze the Bioefforts</a> that went into the Mass Effect series so far.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">There are a lot of things I don't like about Mass Effect 2. None of the worlds are particularly interesting. They have cool features, but they aren't as interesting to go through as the first game. The Citadel which was kind of cool is now a Mega Mall. I became a Specter again only to not have any reason to. Ashley was fucking pissed that I was Cerberus even though I didn't want to be on their team. Liara, one of the foremost experts on Reapers, is now a shadow broker for some reason. I honestly hate that. Hell, I was expecting her to reach out and try to stop me on my supposed suicide mission. Actually I was really expecting her to have become pregnant with my child; something to throw a real consequence to the relationship tree. Nope. Peck on the lips and then straight to normal business. I wouldn't have thought we'd had sex if I hadn't seen it in the first game. The first games only main crime is that its potential wasn't near what the seconds was. That isn't something I can fault the first game in a series for though.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
This is Biocruelty at works - first they induce a lot of emotional engagement and next thing you know Liara isn't even pregnant with your virtual child.
<br>
<br>
After the grave disappointment that Liara wasn't fuckable in ME2 there remains hope though. <a href="http://tehpwnage.com/xbox-360/news/214-next-mass-effect-2-dlc-to-feature-liara-shadow-broker.html">According to these speculations</a> there might be a Liara DLC in the works.
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;">Those PC gamers are at it again. Apparently rummaging through the source files of the Mass Effect 2 PC game has uncovered some interesting sound clips featuring Liara T'soni and referencing the Shadow Broker.
<br>
The file names themselves are the most interesting, each featuring DLC in the string. It's also worth pointing out that it appears Liara may leave Illium to join you on the hunt for the Shadow Broker, as evidenced by the Liara Norm_Intro (possibly standing for Normandy.)
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Will there be another chance to create virtual progeny? Emotional Engagement levels increasing.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97575-e-for-effort-the-mass-effect-series-so-far.html">GB</A>

Phelot

Arcane
I knew that the ME games were just some alpha male, space LARP simulator. It has the unique feature of having your "choices" vaguely respond with consequences such as characters from the first game actually telling you "We had sex before" AWESOME!!

Honestly, I don't know how Bioware can stand writing cheesy shit for dorks that are upset that whatever sick fucking fantasy they have isn't included. I mean, how are you expected to sit down at Thanksgiving dinner with your family knowing you made a game with blue aliens that you can have sex with?

aleph

Arcane
phelot said:
I mean, how are you expected to sit down at Thanksgiving dinner with your family knowing you made a game with blue aliens that you can have sex with?

Easy, you just don't attend Thanksgiving anymore.

aleph said:
phelot said:
I mean, how are you expected to sit down at Thanksgiving dinner with your family knowing you made a game with blue aliens that you can have sex with?

Easy, you just don't attend Thanksgiving any longer.

Even easier - just give your best :smug: and say "my game sold millions of copies and is now the grand evolution of RPGs; that means it prints money".

Everyone will shut up instantly and resume eating

StrangeCase

Educated
There are a lot of things I don't like about Mass Effect 2. None of the worlds are particularly interesting. They have cool features, but they aren't as interesting to go through as the first game. The Citadel which was kind of cool is now a Mega Mall. I became a Specter again only to not have any reason to.

This part's true enough. Granted, of all the worlds in the first game, only about 3 were actually interesting, but that beats ME2.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Clockwork Knight said:
aleph said:
phelot said:

Easy, you just don't attend Thanksgiving any longer.

Even easier - just give your best :smug: and say "my game sold millions of copies and is now the grand evolution of RPGs; that means it prints money".

Everyone will shut up instantly and resume eating

But inside, you will know that you are lying to yourself and are a horrible person. That's right

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom