Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 2 Interview

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: CD Projekt; Witcher 2, The

VG247 put up an <a href="http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/31/interview-the-witcher-2s-tomek-gop-senior-producer/">Interview with senior producer Tomek Gop.</a> Let's jump right to the significant part:
<br>
<br>
<p style="margin-left:50px;border-style:solid;border-width:1px;border-top-color:#ffffff;padding:5px;border-right-color:#bbbbbb;border-left-color:#ffffff;border-bottom-color:#bbbbbb;"><b>What made you decide to give Geralt a ponytail this time around?</b>
<br>
<br>
Tomek Gop: We’ve redesigned a lot of Geralt’s attributes. His clothes, some of his weapons, and so on. The ponytail was one of the things that fit the overall view this time. It’s not like we did it on purpose. Besides, fighting monsters might be wiser with your hair fastened – just in case you needed a more gameplay-related explanation.
<br>
<br>
<b>Geralt is pretty much the Captain Kirk of the medieval world. Will he have just as many female conquests this time around or will he decide to settle down with one gal?</b>
<br>
<br>
Tomek Gop: What Would Kirk Do? Geralt has always been sort of womanizer, so you might expect relations this time as well. It was important for us to rethink and redesign the presentational aspect of sex, nudity and romance in The Witcher 2. We focused on this being more bound to the story, and less “collectible”.
<br>
<br>
You could expect that this time sex means actually two people getting close to each other.
<br>
</p>
<br>
<br>
Geralt - the Captain Kirk of the medieval world.
<br>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/97375-the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings-interview.html">Codex News Agency</A>

Silellak

Cipher
The ponytail was one of the things that fit the overall view this time. It’s not like we did it on purpose.
I think they need to re-read the definition of "on purpose".

racofer

Thread Incliner
Azrael the cat said:
Oh come on - QUICK name 2 fictional characters who have a 'thing' for green-skinned women!
Ok, 2 OTHER than Shepherd.

Shepard only liked blue-skinned women you illiterate fuckwad!

Silellak

Cipher
racofer said:
Azrael the cat said:
Oh come on - QUICK name 2 fictional characters who have a 'thing' for green-skinned women!

Shepard only liked blue-skinned women you illiterate fuckwad!
Tali is green. True story.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Azrael the cat said:
I'll name one just of the top of my head: the Juggernaut. But why would their color mean anything? It's always about the skin color with you, Azrael dude.

But hey, quickly name one other womanizing adventurer behaving just as eloquently as Captain James T. Kirk.

racofer

Thread Incliner
2j4puee.jpg

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
nah, it's silly franart. For all we know there could be a predator under that mask.

edit: what is this i don't even

KalosKagathos

Learned
VentilatorOfDoom said:
You could expect that this time sex means actually two people getting close to each other.
Oh dear. I kinda have doubts about CDPR's ability to write passable romantic dialogue. They should pull a Sengoku Rance instead and make sex as ridiculous as possible.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It seems like these days there can't be a single preview of a "RPG" where one of the main points of discussion is not about how much fucking the game contains

Guess you can't have a mature game otherwise

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Can I just say that I have just defeated a troll, was given a ring and stumbled upon a poker set? :smug:

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Okay, I've rolled heaps of Fate unlock codes and nothing's happening. Oh wait. April fools, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom