Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Elder Scrolls: The Book

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Tags: Bethesda Softworks; Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Taking a page from BioWare's David Gaider, Bethesda have now announced that <a href="http://www.bethsoft.com/eng/news/pressrelease_042709-3.html">they too will bring their epic role-playing games to the printing press</a>:
<br>
<blockquote>Rockville, MD – April 27, 2009 – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, and Del Rey, an imprint of Ballantine Books at the Random House Publishing Group, are pleased to announce that Del Rey Books will publish two novels based on Bethesda Softworks' award-winning, high-fantasy video game series, The Elder Scrolls®. The best-selling game series is known for giving the player the ability to choose how their story will play out and unfold, and for the incredible amount of lore and depth found in these rich game worlds.
<br>
<br>
Penned by New York Times bestselling author Greg Keyes, the novels will be all-new, original stories based in The Elder Scrolls universe. The first novel – The Infernal City – is set to be published in Fall 2009. Among Keyes' prior works are the Age of Unreason tetrology (for which he won the prestigious "Le Grand Prix de l'Imaginaire" award), and three New York Times bestselling Star Wars novels in the New Jedi Order series.</blockquote>
<br>
The Infernal City is set after the events of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.
<br>
<br>
Thanks <b>Luzur</b>!

Twinfalls

Erudite
Fuck you, Xerxos.

Bastards kept fobbing off Ted Peterson when he repeatedly asked to do this. One can give Keyes 'I am enjoying my research as it means I get to play Oblivion a lot!!' the benefit of the doubt, but Peterson would have produced a fine piece of work, there is no doubt about that.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
Fuck you, Xerxos.
Pretty sure he was just referring to the shitty hack writers at Bethsoft such as Emil "the middle-aged guy" Pagliarulo, not your beloved Ted Peterson.

Eldritch

Scholar
Why the hell did they cockblock the old farts contract writing anyway, did he have too much standards or something?

His "Additional Writing" for Morrowind was excellent, I kinda liked those books.

Lingwe

Liturgist
Mabye they'll make it one of those choose your own adventure books, but with a twist. There'll only be one option you are allowed to choose.

Hard Knox

Educated
Lingwe said:
Mabye they'll make it one of those choose your own adventure books, but with a twist. There'll only be one option you are allowed to choose.

So they'll write a book?

Castanova

Prophet
It's going to be a revolutionary book actually. You'll be able to flip to any page you choose, or not, and pretend you're reading an interesting story, or not!

Bloodeyes

Arcane
Most of the book will be spent describing the landscape and the appearance of the characters, there will be little story.

Xerxos

Novice
Fat Dragon said:
Twinfalls said:
Fuck you, Xerxos.
Pretty sure he was just referring to the shitty hack writers at Bethsoft such as Emil "the middle-aged guy" Pagliarulo, not your beloved Ted Peterson.
Yep, that's what I meant. Just imagine the dialogs:

"Hail and well met, traveler!"
"Rumors?"

:roll:

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Transfiguring Roar said:
I'll only buy it if it has bloom.

The Collector's Edition will be the first book ever to have back-lit pages. It will be fifteen feet thick and cost seven hundred dollars. As an added bonus, it will be so poorly designed that it will require that dozens of additional components be built into the spine, making it the first book to also be a computer.

The book can't run Fallout 3 well either.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
I don't know guys, checking his books on Amazon, this man has some decent writing skills:

THE SKY CRACKED AND LIGHTNING fell through its crooked seams. With it came a black sleet tasting of smoke, copper, and brimstone. With it came a howling like a gale from hell.

Casek drew himself up, clutching his bloody bandages, hoping they would keep his guts in, until he saw the end of this day, one way or another.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Fuck, Gregory is one of my favourites. He even managed to make a decent Star Wars book. Fuck, fuck, fuck. First they make FO their bitch now they make Keyes their whore.
Fuck.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Wyrmlord said:
I don't know guys, checking his books on Amazon, this man has some decent writing skills:

THE SKY CRACKED AND LIGHTNING fell through its crooked seams. With it came a black sleet tasting of smoke, copper, and brimstone. With it came a howling like a gale from hell.

Casek drew himself up, clutching his bloody bandages, hoping they would keep his guts in, until he saw the end of this day, one way or another.

cf

Ted Peterson said:
It seemed as if the palace had always housed the Atrius Building Commission, the company of clerks and estate agents who authored and notarized nearly every construction of any note in the Empire. It had stood for two hundred and fifty years, since the reign of the Emperor Magnus, a plain-fronted and austere hall on a minor but respectable plaza in the Imperial City. Energetic and ambitious middle-class lads and ladies worked there, as well as complacent middle-aged ones like Decumus Scotti. No one could imagine a world without the Commission, least of all Scotti. To be accurate, he could not imagine a world without himself in the Commission.

Oblivion vs Daggerfall. (which is better and DAMN THAT PAKI)

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Shannow said:
Fuck, Gregory is one of my favourites. He even managed to make a decent Star Wars book. Fuck, fuck, fuck. First they make FO their bitch now they make Keyes their whore.
Fuck.
Would you recommend any book of Greg Keyes?

I have standards low enough to enjoy David Eddings, for the record.

Pastel

Scholar
Wyrmlord said:

Dear God, that's some fucking unambiguously bad writing right there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom