Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

3 new Dragon Age Trailers from San Diego Comic Con

Mele ~ on Grayza

Educated
Liters of blood and massas of gore do not make a good game. How long will it take for Bioware to get this?

J1M

Arcane
Why does World of WarCraft look better than DragonAge graphically?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Sweet, can't wait

m8zfjc.jpg

dolio

Scholar
random newfag said:
Why put in reasonable stealth animations when you can add a special effects NINJA POOF!
Maybe I'm a wuss, but I probably wouldn't strap a weapon that's sending electricity arcing out in all directions to the back of my bulky metal armor.

Also, that guy's a rogue?

J1M

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
J1M said:

because you're lying to try to score Codex Cool Points?
Look at the art. Look at the textures and animations. Sure, the Dragon Age stuff uses more space on disk and takes longer to render, but it is ugly as fuck.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
Sorry but Dragon Age is sharper and more detailed. Art styles are subjective but technical graphics are objective and Dragon Age objectively wins here.

Jaime Lannister said:
J1M said:

because you're lying to try to score Codex Cool Points?

shhh, you're totally ruining our gig

also, comments seem tailored to anger the codex

the mere fact that this game was made by bioware is enough for me to by it day one...i don't have tons of experience with bioware...just mass effect and knights of the old republic...but both were amazingly fun...everything bioware i will buy....

peterthegreat said: if by that you mean the animations look a bit rigid and their using excessive blood to cover up the bad animations then yes i agree

Look guys! He thinks he's a critic!

ooooo this winter will be great:dragon age,assassin creed,alpha protocol,gt5 and many more ehhe

wtf, no multiplayer

shame this isn't multiplayer

J1M

Arcane
Jaime Lannister said:
Sorry but Dragon Age is sharper and more detailed. Art styles are subjective but technical graphics are objective and Dragon Age objectively wins here.
Now you are just trolling. The animation sets in Dragon Age are horrible and it doesn't matter how high of a resolution you save a shitty texture at, it's still a shitty texture.

If you think "good" means "takes longer to render" you need to give your head a shake.

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
All game animations look rigid, that's why they're games and not movies.

Also the textures are not shitty, so you'll have to explain yourself there.

Also I'm the one trolling? You're the one saying Dragon Age looks worse TECHNICALLY than World of Warcraft.

Joe Krow

Erudite
good graphics. shit animations.

Is this going to be one of those "let's not break immersion with all that annoying rpg shit" rpgs? Why do people keep making games for a genre they seem to hate?

Nothing I saw in those videos even suggested this is a roleplaying game. Maybe there will be "choice and consequences" (as if that will make it an rpg).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom