Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News $3 Fallout

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
In before "but you could torrent it for free and still pay for your cup of coffee!"

"screw this! torrent the coffee too and keep your money, bro!"

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Torrenting money or singing rap: which is the easiest way to become rich and why?

Discuss!

AlaCarcuss

Arbiter
Humanity has risen! said:
Metro said:
Speaking of this sale -- any opinions on Divine Divinity? I figure it's worth $3 but looking for opinions on people who actually played it.

Awesome, one of my favorite RPGs ever, and my favorite loot in a game ever. Great soundtrack too. Totally worth it.

Yeah, great game. Just be aware that it has a problem in 64 bit versions of Windows (XP, Vista & 7), in that it slows to a crawl once you go outside. As far as I know, there is no fix for this and the patched GOG version is no different.

If you don't run 64 bit or have a seperate XP x32 box - then no worries, go for it!

Repressed Homosexual
AlaCarcuss said:
Metro said:
Speaking of this sale -- any opinions on Divine Divinity? I figure it's worth $3 but looking for opinions on people who actually played it.

Awesome, one of my favorite RPGs ever, and my favorite loot in a game ever. Great soundtrack too. Totally worth it.

Yeah, great game. Just be aware that it has a problem in 64 bit versions of Windows (XP, Vista & 7), in that it slows to a crawl once you go outside. As far as I know, there is no fix for this and the patched GOG version is no different.

If you don't run 64 bit or have a seperate XP x32 box - then no worries, go for it!

It always ran smooth like butter on my Core 2 Duo computer with a Radeon 4870, on Windows 7 64-Bit. Was another story on my laptop with the goddamn Intel graphics.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Tails said:
Hm is Gothic II enjoyable as the first one?

Better.

Mattresses said:
EDIT: owait!

Fallout is a trademark or registered trademark of Bethesda Softworks LLC, a ZeniMax Media company. All Rights Reserved.

Money for Fallout 1/2 sales still goes to Interplay.

FeelTheRads said:
Wasn't GOG supposed to fix the games to work on new systems?

As far as they can, and it isn't always possible to really fix things without the source code, which is not always available (for instance, it isn't for Fallout 1/2 since Interplay can not legally distribute the source code to anyone, including GOG, without Bethesda's permission, and Bethesda isn't giving it).

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I understand. I'm taking a stab at the "but GOG fixed gaemz for me!!!!" people.

Repressed Homosexual
You people should have no problem with purchasing DivDiv legally since, you know, Larian is still in business, and they'll make more DivDiv awesomeness with the money.

They're making an expansion pack to Divinity II in fact.

Mattresses

Scholar
Brother None said:
Money for Fallout 1/2 sales still goes to Interplay.

I had figured, the declaration on GOG threw me, though. Oh well, Herve thanks you.

Cassidy

Arcane
I'd buy a legit boxed Fallout 1 + Fallout 2 for $9 - $15, but unfortunately Grimoire will be released first than a new repackaged copy of both ever being sold again with all the extras remade. Maybe I'm being just "not up with the modern times", but I prefer purchasing things that have a physical element.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
AlaCarcuss said:
Metro said:

I have 64-bit Win7 system and FO runs perfectly on it therefore your lies fail.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Hey, polacki, he was talking about Divine Divinity.

Which is even more funny, since they shouldn't have a big problem obtaining the source code for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom