Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Games of the Doomed: Van Buren

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout 3 (Van Buren)

In their <a href="http://ps3.ign.com/articles/945/945043p1.html" target="blank">"Ten Cancelled Games We Wish Were Released"</a> article, IGN reflected on what could've been <a href="http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php?page=vanburen" target="blank">Fallout 3</a>.
<br>
<blockquote>The codename for the original Fallout 3 (you know, the one crafted by the Black Isle Studios developers) was, for many years, the stuff of legend. Oh, it existed, as made obvious by the fact that, fairly recently, a tech demo for the halted work-in-progress version of things was leaked that stood in marked contrast to the official version that Bethesda was already hard at work and trucking along on, but it was far from complete.
<br>
<br>
Even still, the heady mix of nostalgia and honest-to-goodness pedigree that Black Isle had built up before folding when Interplay took a nosedive made for plenty of "what-ifs." The tech demo made it clear the game still had far to go, but we can't help wondering what would have happened had everything fallen into place. If the core design team was still working on things, if the game was a proper sequel to Fallout 2, if Interplay had the financial muscle to really push the game like Bethesda did. Unfortunately, just like all those ifs, the Van Buren version of Fallout 3 exists only as a possibility.</blockquote>
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.nma-fallout.com/">NMA</A>

Shannow

Waster of Time
smiley_cry.gif

Morbus

Scholar
My boss' mother's ass looked more promising than troika's tech demo.

Section8

Cipher
I think the Codex ought to create an article entitled "Ten Released Games We Wish Were Cancelled". Any volunteers?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Section8 said:
I think the Codex ought to create an article entitled "Ten Released Games We Wish Were Cancelled". Any volunteers?

I think you missclicked and meant 1000.

phanboy_iv

Liturgist
My sainted aunt, look at the comments. I've counted four or five "WHUT!? I've never heard of these games??"

And this ones a joke, I hope:
"this list is WEAK without ENDLESS SAGA. a game that was under development BEFORE the ps3 even released."

Well, buddy, some of those games were under development before the PS2 was RELEASED! WHOA!

Morgoth said:
hiver said:
the seriouriest!
It's "most serious", you retarded loser. :roll:

Seriouser and seriouser.

NOVD

Scholar
I'm sure I would have been disappointed if it came out, but I thought "The Black Hound" sounded absolutely amazing. At least it'd be the most promising cancelled project from Black Isle in my book. I didn't like a decent amount of things that I heard about Van Buren, but I didn't really dislike anything I've heard about The Black Hound.

Though, I guess J.E. Sawyer is making a module or whatever.

hiver

Morgoth said:
hiver said:
the seriouriest!
It's "most serious", you retarded loser. :roll:
This only proves my conclusion of you as a failed abortion. :lol: that was intentional you moron.

Darth Roxor said:
Sometimes I wonder what the hell is this guy even doing on the Kkkodex.
Nothing much, how about you?
:cool:

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Cloaked Figure said:
today i was in my neighbors house and my neighbors cousin asked him if mass effect was any good.

neighbor: 'no man it sucks you have to talk to people and shit and you make your own character'

me: 'yea its not like halo, it's in space and you choose if you wanna be male or female, and your history'

cousin: 'but thats cool to make your own guy'

neighbor: 'no man there are so many things to choose you think "what if i choose this or this or this" it sucks'

me: yea and its not like a shooter there's no crosshair on the screen and its 3rd person, trust me its not what you think it is, don't be fooled by the cover'

cousin: oh okk

You all should star in a Deliverance remake. Then you can choose to be a male, a female, or a pig.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom