Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Troika chat next week

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Temple of Elemental Evil; Troika Games

Well, one down, one more up. Next week, we're having a developer chat with <A href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a>, about <A href="http://www.greyhawkgame.com">Temple of Elemental Evil</a> as well as <i>THE FUTURE</i>.. Here's some info:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><b>When:</b> Tuesday, September 23rd at 8PM EST (GMT-5)
<br>
<b>Where:</b> #rpgcodex at <A href="http://www.gamesnet.net">irc.gamesnet.net</a>
<br>
<b>Who:</b> Tim Cain and five assorted other Troika folks
<br>
<b>Why:</b> Because we can!</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
Oh yeah, no G-Lines for <a href="http://www.troikagames.com">Troika</a> at this chat. <i>Sorry, couldn't resist</i>.
<br>

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
The eye-on-troika dev chat went pretty well. The devs answered a lot of questions and their was a lot of people their (70+) some up till the earlier morning just to come. I would like to thank EoT for hosting one of the best chats I've seen in a LONG time. For anyone who missed the chat expect the log to be posted soon.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
When I think future, Tim Cain, and SP, I think Fallout, or something. But likely he was just stating that they might have some other projects goin on.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
All the way to the year 2000? :P

Hope there's good news about the sci-fi game Tim was dropping hints about, tho I doubt there will be till theres some solid sale numbers on ToEE

Seven

Erudite
POOPERSCOOPER said:
The eye-on-troika dev chat went pretty well. The devs answered a lot of questions and their was a lot of people their (70+) some up till the earlier morning just to come. I would like to thank EoT for hosting one of the best chats I've seen in a LONG time. For anyone who missed the chat expect the log to be posted soon.

Eye on Troika:
The Temple of Elemental Evil Dev Chat that had been scheduled for today had to be cancelled for technical difficulties. I apologize to everyone who attended the chat and had to bare with us while while we tried to sort out the problems. Unfortuanetly, in the end, nothing could be done and the Troika team couldn't log in to the IRC network. We will attempt to reschedule the chat, but it's up to the parties involved.

Mr. Pooperscooper could you please explain, did you go into the wrong chat room perhaps?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Pooper's just having fun I see.

There was a massive g-line, which was embarrasing but solved in a timely manner. But still Troika couldn't reconnect for some odd reason which #support couldn't understand. Since Tim's a busy boy and had to go out of the office, we had to cancel. It's too bad, since we had some really good q's lined up and there was quite some folk in attendance.

We messed up sure, but it would've been sweet if it worked. Heh. Some of you guys sure are like frenzied hyenas, one drop of blood and you bite. Very impressive.

Oh yeah, and I'll be there at your chat. Of course. You know I'll be.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Whipporowill said:
Pooper's just having fun I see.

There was a massive g-line, which was embarrasing but solved in a timely manner. But still Troika couldn't reconnect for some odd reason which #support couldn't understand. Since Tim's a busy boy and had to go out of the office, we had to cancel. It's too bad, since we had some really good q's lined up and there was quite some folk in attendance.

Eh, it happened to one of ours(back with Terra-Arcanum) once back before Arcanum came out, and that was back when it was two developers and it just kicked them off the server. That was fairly embarrassing, so it was more like a HOTSEAT CHAT, where the Troika guys had to answer quickly before they got kicked. IIRC, Calis thought I did the addtrust and I thought he did it, so neither one of us did it.

I emailed Jesse when I heard it happenned and told him not to sweat the thing, it happens and Tim's pretty cool about these things. It's embarrassing, sure, but nothing to freak out about.

Seven9 said:
Now can somebody tell me what a G-line is?

Global server network ban. That means Troika was knocked off Gamesnet for one day when it happened.

Whipporowill

Erudite
JJ86 said:
Bummer, so there was nothing?

Hehe. Just a bunch of bewildered mods and confused visitors. Pretty much enough I'd say.

And oh, Saint. I'll probably forward my q's to you if there's anything you want in there just take it. Don't matter as long as they get answered to me.

Calis

Pensionado
Saint_Proverbius said:
Eh, it happened to one of ours(back with Terra-Arcanum) once back before Arcanum came out, and that was back when it was two developers and it just kicked them off the server. That was fairly embarrassing, so it was more like a HOTSEAT CHAT, where the Troika guys had to answer quickly before they got kicked. IIRC, Calis thought I did the addtrust and I thought he did it, so neither one of us did it.
No, I think it was my responsibility and I just forgot, heh. We got a guy from #support in there fast enough, he fixed it in like 10 minutes, so we could continue after that. I never forgot to do *that* again...

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
the eye on troika wasn't a complete wash we had obsidian entertainment guys like Feargus and MCA drop by... they conducted a job interview with JE Sawyer right there on the premises.

triCritical

Erudite
Killzig said:
the eye on troika wasn't a complete wash we had obsidian entertainment guys like Feargus and MCA drop by... they conducted a job interview with JE Sawyer right there on the premises.

I am sure Josh would like to make good games rather then the mindless Bio crap Feargus will most likely put out.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Damnit. Greyhawkgame.com posted this bit of news but fucked something up:

It says that the chat will be hosted on gamesnew.net

RIGHT.

Calis

Pensionado
Role-Player said:
Oy, without wanting to sound too amateurish (which i will anyway), what exactly do i have to do to partake in the dev chat?
Get an IRC client, show up at the right time, and follow instructions for the question queue.

The instructions will probably be something along the line of:
"Send a private /msg with your question to [person handling question queue]. Your question will be forwarded to the channel later on."

Also, for other newbies: Asking operating questions to the people handling the question queue (like: "why isn't my question asked yet?" or "can you kick so-and-so, he's trolling" or whatever) is generally NOT a good idea. These people are busy enough with the question queue, so if you want to know something or are unhappy about something ask one of the other channel operators about it.

Not that I'll be there. Well, maybe. We'll see.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
[quote="Saint_Proverbius"Tuesday, September 23rd at 8PM EST (GMT-5)[/quote]
EST? What time is that? I presume it's 'Eastern standards time' but what cities fall into that category? Washington, New York, Timbuktu?

Going by 'GMT-5', I'm presuming it's technically 'GMT 1' on Sept 24th.

Right? I was an hour late and a day early for the eye-on-troika one. :( Damn midnight's getting all mixed up. Grumble, grumble...

Briosafreak

Augur
DarkUnderlord said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
Tuesday, September 23rd at 8PM EST (GMT-5)
EST? What time is that? I presume it's 'Eastern standards time' but what cities fall into that category? Washington, New York, Timbuktu?

Going by 'GMT-5', I'm presuming it's technically 'GMT 1' on Sept 24th.

Right? I was an hour late and a day early for the eye-on-troika one. :( Damn midnight's getting all mixed up. Grumble, grumble...

Try this DU http://timezone.123india.com/conversion.html

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom