Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 2012: The Year in Review

Morkar Left

Dear Codex members. This is my first comment here. This website and the comments here are a constant source of amusement for me, and this Year in Review is the high point so far.

Yes, bring forth the soap box, step right on it, and preach about dumbed down gameplay. Let me ask you: is there ANY (just a single) Codex member who bought a CoD game? If not, why do you even care what the mind-poison of choice of others is? Yours is better, are you insinuating that? If yes, do you really believe that? If yes twicefold, then "pathetic" is an understatement about you...

It is very fitting that one of the linked Codex reviews praises one of my worst game experiences of 2012, namely Legend of Grimrock. A game where "old school" actually means "it's a constant, excruciating pain to play it on just a very basic level, without spellcasting or other fanciness". ** Yes, you should totally play LoG, you DESERVE it.

So am I a troll or what? Maybe. But unlike most of the trolls on the internet, I will end my rant on a very unusual notion:

THANK YOU.

Keep up the torrent of narrow-minded, stuck-in-the-past, no-sense, ultra-grumpy wailing. RPGCodex makes for hilarious reading.

----
** You should read the top user review on GoG if you want a more detailed breakdown of what's wrong with the game. Actually, the same things the Codex reviewer rated as "pretty fun" and such... 2 stars, yeah, no more. http://af.gog.com/game/legend_of_grimrock?as=1649904300

Tell us about your favorite rpgs.

Septaryeth

Augur
Yes, bring forth the soap box, step right on it, and preach about dumbed down gameplay. Let me ask you: is there ANY (just a single) Codex member who bought a CoD game? If not, why do you even care what the mind-poison of choice of others is? Yours is better, are you insinuating that? If yes, do you really believe that? If yes twicefold, then "pathetic" is an understatement about you...

So am I a troll or what? Maybe. But unlike most of the trolls on the internet, I will end my rant on a very unusual notion:
THANK YOU.
Keep up the torrent of narrow-minded, stuck-in-the-past, no-sense, ultra-grumpy wailing. RPGCodex makes for hilarious reading.

Actually, I did. CoD 1, CoD3, CoD Modern Warfare, and CoD World At War, which is, in fact, on Wii (whoopsie! the plot now thickens!)
Then I also bought ME3, which is also on the Year 2012 list, even before the retarded cut appears.

So I guess I'm qualified for answering your question(s), despite how nonsensical and convoluted it is?

Enough with the pleasantries, a question for a question then.
How exactly does the action of "buying a game" relate to "other people's opinions on the game"?
I guess the only logical explanation is only with an incredible amount of butthurt can an ape connect the two together.

A person bought the game. Other people(Codexers) hate the game. Here are the two premises of your argument. Your then went on questioning whether Codexers are capable of judging the buyer because they didn't buy it.
See the logic gap here? You automatically substitute the game with the people, which is even more apparent when you start bashing LoG, a game in no way related to CoD, as your response to Codexer's review on modern shooters. An assumption that buying and reviewing it badly are mutually exclusive.

If we turn your argument around, we can then ask another question "why would the person who bought the game care about the mind-set of others"?
Do they take offense that a game, a non-sentient being, is being "humiliated" on a forum? Does it hurt them, an independent and living creature (I guess) and indignify their humanity and morality?
Even to the point that they believe hurting Codexer's "game" will make them feel the same pain?
And how does the action of buying the game make them entitled of judging other people who hate it?

Maybe the answer lies in your question, no, it's not possible for a person to do so. It's only possible for a troll to revel in such behaviors. And its psychosis require him to spit it out and make his mark on the so called "enemies' territory".

My high school teacher claimed that after two years in studying psychology, he lost all faith in humanity.
Bah, What a waste. All he need is a day on internet to reach the same conclusion.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Dear Codex members. This is my first comment here. This website and the comments here are a constant source of amusement for me, and this Year in Review is the high point so far.

THANK YOU.

Dudes and like Bethesda can tell a story with IMAGES ALONE!! There was a skeleton with a birthday hat and I was like OH MAN I TOTALLY KNOW WHAT HAPPENED HERE THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE TO TELL ME."

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
In fairness VOTS many codexers couldn't get over Grimrocks shitty chachacha simulator (your words?) combat.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Bros, seriously now.
Lack of Stones of Arnhem in this article is an outrage!!!

I mean, c'mon! 2011 the Year in Review has a rape drama! And now all we get is a dry summary.

:decline: :decline: :decline:
There is rape drama in 2012, it just happened in a different review.

:troll:
See, this is why I can't have my avatar anymore; too many have it now.

It's a shame in a way; that always somewhat unsure looking little robot who was different from other robots really did suit me well. After all I have that disease where you're obsessed with being special and different; I think it's called being retarded.

Servo

Arcane
"fast travel", so that you don't even have to bother walking there. Just click on the map and you'll pop right over.

I find it strange to complain about fast travel in modern RPGs when Fallout (1) had this. I guess the difference is modern RPGs have instantaneous travel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom