Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Penny Arcade on Lionheart's demo

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader

Looks like <a href="http://www.penny-arcade.com/">Penny Arcade</a>'s been in to some CRPGing with <A href="http://www.swkotor.com">Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic</a> as well as the demo for <A href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a>. Here's the big about the latter:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote>I downloaded that demo of Lionheart to see how Fallout's SPECIAL game mechanics would work in a fantasy setting. I don't really know how to feel about it, and I'd appreciate hearing your opinions on the game - I've just reactivated my e-mail after a long hiatus. It's too early to say anything conclusive about it, at any rate. If I'd just jumped on the site here and talked about Knights of the Old Republic in the first hour of play I'd have some pretty nasty things to say about it, too.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
I don't know, if you're not hooked within an hour's time, something's wrong.
<br>
<br>
Thanks for the head's up, <b>ED</b>!

Voss

Erudite
Atari had a booth showing a playable version of The Temple Of Elemental Evil that put a fishhook through each cornea and pulled both eyes out of my face

Now *that* is a great line!

After an hour- I think he'd at least be able to comment on the combat.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Be careful. This guy seems to like KOTOR. He cna't be too bright. :twisted:

protobob

Liturgist
Gabe and Tycho play and enjoy a wide assortment of games/genres. I always enjoy reading about their opinions even if I don't agree with all them all of the time.

It's nice seeing some slobbering for Troika and TOEE on a 'mainstream' gaming website, thats for sure.

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
Be careful. This guy seems to like KOTOR. He cna't be too bright. :twisted:
Oh, fer fuck's sake, Volourn--come off it. Nobody here cares that you love Bioware.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
What XJEDX said, nobody cares and if anything it's good for the site PR image. "No, the rumors that we are a bunch of elitist Bioware haters are simply not true. Why, we even have a person here who enjoys a good game of NWN every now and then" :lol:

Spazmo

Erudite
Tycho and Gabe are real idiots. They have godawful taste in games. Sometimes, Tycho can start to fool me into liking him, but then he gives a sloppy blowjob to BioWare and I remember he's an idiot.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You are right. The world doesn't evolve around games in gneral. get over it, and go outside.

Vault Dweller: LOL, I guess; but since I'm not well liked by people who like BIO because of my abrasive attitude; don't think it'll attract more. :D

XJEDX: You seem to considierng that you had to swear to prove your point. And, once again, I don't love BIO. I love their games. There's a big difference.

Leg of Lamb

Novice
Tycho is a clever man

Tycho has a way with words, unlike a certain detractor. Penny Arcade is also one heck of a comic strip. Mind you, it's not Get Fuzzy or The Boondocks, but it has reduced me to uncontrollable laughter on many occasions.

On an unrelated side note, I feel substantially more dumberer for having read to the end of this thread.

Ibbz

Augur
Vault Dweller: LOL, I guess; but since I'm not well liked by people who like BIO because of my abrasive attitude; don't think it'll attract more.

XJEDX: You seem to considierng that you had to swear to prove your point. And, once again, I don't love BIO. I love their games. There's a big difference.
I never noticed you had a particularly abrasive nature Volourn? Have you been hiding it somewhere? :)
Some of you guys gotta get out more. The whole fucking world doesn't revolve around Bioware. Get over it.
Sharpei has a point. Alot of you seem to immediately presume a game is bad just because it was made by Bioware.

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
I like the Penny Arcade comics, but I don't always (read: never) agree with their taste in games. However, if they're starting to show interest in ToEE, I might have to re-evaluate that opinion.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Sharpei_Diem said:
Some of you guys gotta get out more. The whole fucking world doesn't revolve around Bioware. Get over it.

That's not what their press releases say.

BTW, anyone noticed that he's basically asking people if he should like Lionheart or not?

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
What? I was in a similar situation for a while. It is an odd game at this point. Bad combat, good dialogue, an intriguing beginning to a story......it is never mediocre in any are, just great or terrible. And in this situation it is determining what is the most important aspect of Lionheart.
Spazmo, this site has done so well the last couple of weeks to get away from BioBashing, has achieved so fuking much, and then you have to fuking ruin everything by that meanining less spewing of misguided hatred, that does not even pretend to be constructive, or does not even give specific instances or any real reason to hate BioWare, just "BioWare sucks, therefore Gabe sucks because he likes BioWare". Welcome to Nick Hornbyhood Spazmo, hope you are comfortable with it.

Spazmo

Erudite
You make a valid point, CCR. Perhaps I should have avoided mention of BioWare there. The fact remains that's it's a significant factor in the formation of my opinion that Gabe has poor taste in games.

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
Oh, for puppies and icecream's sake--come off it. Is that better? You are so on the wrong site.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I said you don't have to swear; I nevr said you couldn't. :roll:

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I think that what he's saying is that he doesn't have enough experience in Fallout (or RPG systems in general) to reach a conclusion on Lionheart's demo and make comments about it. Perhaps someone (not I) should enlighten him on the problems of implementing SPECIAL combat into real time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom