Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Lionheart shotgun interview at RPG Vault

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Eric Dallaire; Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader; Reflexive Entertainment

Yet another <A href="http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/394/394544p1.html">shotgun interview</a> with the <a href="Http://www.reflexive.net">Reflexive</a> boys about <A href="http://lionheart.blackisle.com">Lionheart</a> over at <A href="http://rpgvault.ign.com">RPG Vault</a>. This time it covers items, items that <i>aren't</i> weapons, but still <b>ph4t l3wt</b> ones:
<br>
<br>
<blockquote><B>Jonric: Aside from weapons, what are a couple of items available in Lionheart that you consider especially cool or fun to use, and why?
<br>
<br>
Eric Dallaire
<br>
Designer and Lead Writer, Reflexive Entertainment</b>
<br>
When you meet William Shakespeare, you have the chance to help him out of a real financial bind. In serious debt from his last play, William turns to you to help convince the Barcelona equivalent of a loan shark that William deserves more time to repay his debt. If you help William, the bard gives you a book he has been working on that will help to raise your Speech skill, Shakespeare's Eloquent Works. If you decide to help the moneylender Shylocke against Shakespeare, you receive the Art of Barter, a book that will raise your Barter skill by an equivalent amount. Both rewards are good for speech characters, so I definitely like to do one of those side quests to raise my diplomacy.</blockquote>
<br>
<br>
See, this is why we love <b>Eric Dallaire</b>. He didn't go for the armor answer, he went for the Speech/Barter trinkets.
<br>
<br>
Spotted this <A href="Http://www.ve3d.com">VoodooExtreme</a>

EEVIAC

Erudite
Eric Dallaire said:
If you help William, the bard gives you a book he has been working on that will help to raise your Speech skill, Shakespeare's Eloquent Works.

I was going to suggest that maybe he was trying to appease a dozen crackpots who kicked a stink about a single +sword, but that item makes perfect sense. I very much like the title, Shakespeare's Eloquent Works. I'm hoping you have to read it and holding it doesn't just give you the bonus.

Another thought : after you read the book, you should be able to remove Shakespeare's name (craft skill?) put your name on the front page and sell it off to a publisher for money, fame and a reaction modifier. Am I wishing for too much?

Jarinor

Liturgist
Spotted this VoodooExtreme

You spotted it at VE (which I did too). I also spotted that the guy at VE referred to Lionheart as an Infinity Engine powered game. Moron.

Sounds like Unarmed needs a bit of a boost as well, if there are all those items to increase it. Dammit, I want it to be like Fallout, where I only need my armour and bare fists.

Rosh

Erudite
Jarinor said:
Spotted this VoodooExtreme

You spotted it at VE (which I did too). I also spotted that the guy at VE referred to Lionheart as an Infinity Engine powered game. Moron.

The RPG Vault conjured up a new Lionheart developer Q&A as well as a new screen shot of Black Isle Studios' upcoming Infinity engined role playing game. Today's question is "What kinds of cool items will the game have to collect and use? " Find out the answer to that here.

Robert "Apache" Howarth has always been a bit of a retard. Just get the fool to try and explain why Sacrifice is "innovative" and you'll have the laugh of your life.

Clueless? You bet he is.

Robert "Apache" Howarth: "D'hurrr...but it LOOKS like an Infinity Engine game, so therefore it IS an Infinity Engine game!"

EEVIAC

Erudite
I think you should have to find somewhere quiet to read a book, maybe in bed before you sleep. Its always irritated me that a game character can stand up for four hours and speed read thru "Big Game Hunter" and not lose some hit-points from cramps in the legs.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Rosh said:
Robert "Apache" Howarth has always been a bit of a retard.

Hasn't he been there since the beginning? When you think about it, the idea of a gaming site built around a 3D card isn't exactly the smartest thing to do. Of course, that might be hindsight.. I can't remember when they openned, but I pretty much figured 3Dfx were goners when they released the Voodoo3.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
This is marvellous news indeed. You're the man, Eric. I'm quite looking forward to meeting this Shakespeare chap. His name sounds rather familiar, actually... I wonder if he's someone famous?

Jarinor

Liturgist
EEVIAC said:
I think you should have to find somewhere quiet to read a book, maybe in bed before you sleep. Its always irritated me that a game character can stand up for four hours and speed read thru "Big Game Hunter" and not lose some hit-points from cramps in the legs.

Why not? I can do it. I regularly stand in bookstores for an hour or more in the one spot, and read books in steps. Easier than a library and it doesn't cost me money :D.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Jarinor said:
I regularly stand in bookstores for an hour or more in the one spot, and read books in steps.
Out of curiosity, do any of your skills go up when you do that? Besides of course standing-up-for-hours-in-one-spot skill? :lol:

EEVIAC

Erudite
Jarinor said:
Why not? I can do it. I regularly stand in bookstores for an hour or more in the one spot, and read books in steps. Easier than a library and it doesn't cost me money :D.

You cheap bastard! :lol: But if you have the book and have the luxury of reading it anywhere, you wouldn't just stand there and read it. For example, Bill says "thank you Sir, please take this book as a token of my appreciation." You say "thanks mate. Don't mind me, I'm going to stand in the middle of your room and read it for the next four hours."

Or maybe you would. :)

I still prefer the State Library for my free reading.

Spazmo

Erudite
The bookstores around here have big comfy chairs for you to read books for free in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom