Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Server maintenance this Thursday - possibly earlier

Calis

Pensionado
Tags: RPG Codex

Members of the Codex hive mind!
<br>
This Thursday (or possibly earlier), some guy in Texas will be approaching this server. He will be carrying a screwdriver. Some extended downtime is inevitable. So if the site ain't loading: Do not panic, come to <A HREF="http://www.rpgcodex.com/main.php?id=irc">IRC</A> instead.

Rulion

Liturgist
What if he's a double agent with every intention of pissing on the server and throwing it into boiling water? Do we have security precautions in place?

Frau Bishop

Erudite
So come on.. screw us, we have been screwed by all this so called "cRPG" which have been released in the last months, it can't get worse whatever you do. I suppose. Good luck.

Llyranor

Liturgist
On the bright side, now we can play the Dungeon Lords CE demo.

Calis

Pensionado
Tal is in Slovenia, but the server's at EV1, in Houston. Hence, hands-on hardware stuff gets done by Texans.

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
If it turns out that the Texas company in charge of fixing it sends a Slovenian employee I'm going to laugh.

Actually, I'm not going to know either way, so I'll just assume that's what happened and laugh now.
slovenianintexas8lh.jpg

Calis

Pensionado
No hardware maintenance today, it seems. Oh well, at least it scared me in getting our backup schedule back in order.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom