Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Gothic III to be released in September

Spazmo

Erudite
Tags: Gothic III; Piranha Bytes

A <a href=http://www.tothegame.com/game_pressrelease.asp?id=78>press release</a> at <a href=http://www.tothegame.com>ToTheGame</a> announces that the release date for Piranha Bytes' Gothic III is September of this year.<blockquote>Rottenmann, Austria, 8th of March 2006: Gothic fans, here's the answer to all your prayers: Publisher JoWooD Productions, co-publisher Deep Silver and developer Piranha Bytes will release the third part of the RPG legend in September 2006.
<br>
<br>
For a long time, the fans have had to be satisfied with the cryptic answer "...when it's done!" if they wanted to know the release date. Now we are sure "when it's done" - in September 2006 the third chapter of the Gothic saga will be released. "The polished quality will bring excitement to the hearts of all gamers worldwide!", assures Stefan Berger, Senior Brand Manager JoWooD Productions.</blockquote>I can't wait to have some excitement in my heart. Maybe Gothic IV will give me a stroke.
<br>
Spotted at: <A HREF="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blue's News</A>

Drakron

Arcane
Rottenmann, Österreich, 8. von März 2006: Gotische Ventilatoren, ist hier die Antwort zu allen Ihren Gebeten: Verleger JoWooD Produktionen, Co-Verleger Deep Silver und Entwickler Piranha-Bytes geben das dritte Teil der RPG Legende im September 2006 frei.

Für eine lange Zeit haben die Ventilatoren mit der mysteriösen Antwort erfüllt werden gemußt "..., wenn sie ist erfolgt!" wenn sie das Freigabedatum kennen wollten. Jetzt sind wir ", wenn es" getan wird - im September sicher, 2006, die das dritte Kapitel der gotischen Saga freigegeben wird. "die polierte Qualität holt Aufregung zu den Herzen aller gamers weltweit!", versichert Stefan Berger, ältere Marke Manager JoWooD Produktionen.

Looks much better like this.

Monolith

Prophet
Drakron said:
Rottenmann, Österreich, 8. von März 2006: Gotische Ventilatoren, ist hier die Antwort zu allen Ihren Gebeten: Verleger JoWooD Produktionen, Co-Verleger Deep Silver und Entwickler Piranha-Bytes geben das dritte Teil der RPG Legende im September 2006 frei.

Für eine lange Zeit haben die Ventilatoren mit der mysteriösen Antwort erfüllt werden gemußt "..., wenn sie ist erfolgt!" wenn sie das Freigabedatum kennen wollten. Jetzt sind wir ", wenn es" getan wird - im September sicher, 2006, die das dritte Kapitel der gotischen Saga freigegeben wird. "die polierte Qualität holt Aufregung zu den Herzen aller gamers weltweit!", versichert Stefan Berger, ältere Marke Manager JoWooD Produktionen.

Looks much better like this.

No, dude, it doesn't.... :lol:

Well, release September 2006, the first patch October 2006, playable January 2007. :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
'All gamers'? Ok then. If one person posts how much G3 sucks; they should be advertised for false advertisment and lying. Hahahahaa!!

Sisay

Liturgist
I guess that's just the German release, not English/international? I can't say I'm too excited but it's not like there's a lot of other games to look forward to. Too bad they make you play the same incredibly bland main character again.

Section8

Cipher
Good stuff, but are they planning an initial Deutsch release before localising in English? I'd hope that the Gothic series has a high enough profile these days to warrant swift international release, but previous titles were a long time coming, and they were frought with a whole lot of publisher bullshit.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
The release date on the english forums is also given as: 4th quarter 2006, but I read statements about delay for the UK version because of translation and sound recordings which could delay it until 2007. As already said, needed patches will delay it anyway to be a full and enjoyable game, so it will be the same for all players worldwide - about one year left to upgrade the graphic card, cpu and ram. :)

Jung

Liturgist
The seamy underbelly of your seamy underbelly
Volourn said:
'All gamers'? Ok then. If one person posts how much G3 sucks; they should be advertised for false advertisment and lying. Hahahahaa!!

stfu.jpg

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
just for comparison..

Fans may breathe a sigh of relief, soon the long wait for the third part of the celebrated roleplaying title comes to an end. „Our Gothic community had to wait a long time for this day and always had to content itself with the answer "...when it's done." In September this year Gothic 3 will finally be available in stores and will make the players' hearts beat faster with its sophisticated quality!“ says Stefan Berger, Senior Brand Manager JoWooD Productions.
Sounds pretty silly either way, but you can't really blame him, he is PR after all.

Yeah, I am vaguely excited. I just wish I was certain they don't screw it up. I am not surprised by the delay, there was so much uncertain not long ago, I think they have barely started on some parts of the game. They're just a year behind schedule, that's still OK I guess.

geminito

Liturgist
How frustrating will the controls be in Gothic 3? I got through 3 chapters of Gothic 2, but never got used to the mind-boggling keyboard controls and lost interest.

LlamaGod

Cipher
geminito said:
How frustrating will the controls be in Gothic 3? I got through 3 chapters of Gothic 2, but never got used to the mind-boggling keyboard controls and lost interest.

noob

geminito

Liturgist
Meanu? No, never heard of meanu...

I tried both controls. Awful. Besides, it was mostly an action adventure game, with RPG-lite elements. The wilderness environments were fantastic, which is what kept me playing.

Jora

Arcane
Rosenkrantz (?) says that the controls are easier and very different from the previous games.

Kraszu

Prophet
I actually like the controls, and fight in gothic games(exept for inventory, but still not that bad). Whot was so hard in fight whit wsad+mouse?

Drakron

Arcane
Simple, fighting sims controls have no place in a RPG.

Gothic always had complains about the controls and as they are "fine" in a flghting sim arena (as long the camera is decent) it breaks down when someone that never played Tekken is expected to use those control types and have a standart "follow the ass" camera as default.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom