Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline 100 hours of an RPG

Conan

Arcane
I was chatting with my old acquaintance Fluent when I mentioned how the other day I enjoyed a fantastic little pastry. It was a cheese-strawberry, my favorite and with just enough sugar to be sweet without becoming sickly. Fluent in his usual one-upmanship pompously reported that he had eaten an entire cake yesterday.

"Did you like it?", I asked.

Now, Fluent, being Fluent, replied, "Of course! I like every cake I eat!".

At least this was consistent behavior. Fluent liked everything he did. Sort of a happy-go-lucky guy.

"What sort of a cake was it?".

Apparently, this was the wrong question to ask.

"A... err... brown cake.", replied Fluent hesitantly.

"So, Chocolate?"

"Not exactly.", he said looking both miffed and angry juggling the two emotions perfectly.

"Well?", I asked, now curious.

"If you really insist on knowing, the brown part was Shite.", he said as the latter feeling started to dominate the spectrum of emotions bubbling within him.

I must have looked horrified for his face assumed the most indignant expression.

"You didn't really have to eat it, did you?", I asked, concerned. "Just because you buy something you don't necessarily have to finish it!"

"It was larger than your cake, how you given *that* a thought?! Eh? How about that? I mean are pastries even real cakes? They are just a poor man's biscuits", retorted the eater of cakes.

"I guess that's true", I said sounding confused at this strange analogy, "but your specific cake does not sound what you'd call scrumptious. I am sure there exist cakes not made from.. you know.. shite", I replied flabbergasted.

"Well, it was my choice and a bigot like you won't understand that some of us really like this kind of stuff."

This gave me a pause. Now, I must admit that the thought hadn't really crossed my mind. If there existed a bakery that made shite cakes then it implied that there existed customers willing to consume the produce. Maybe I was a little too bigoted and could not judge Fluent solely from my point of view.

"I see, I give you that. But still...".

Fluent must have sensed my embarrassment because the chagrin on his face started to turn into bluster.

"But still... what? I wish you'd eat that cake too, just to prove you are not a bigot."

Gods in heaven, this man had me by the rights. "Err.. how about tomorrow eh? I have urgent work to do.", I blurted out.

Fluent smiled a predatory smile. "Don't you forget what you promised!".

I got up and directed myself towards the exit with a few perfunctory words of farewell. As I walked out I found my pace quickening and by the time I had seen myself out I was hurtling like a rocket towards my car. Not tomorrow, not ever. No thanks, Mr Fluent. you can have your cake and eat it too, I shouted to the wind as I fled from his sight. I rather prefer my Pastries.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Fluent

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
If I am seen as 'aggressively retarded' by people like Lhynn and others, then I know I am doing the right thing. :) Keep seething though, and writing about me! I'm sure it's going to get to me one of these days and I'm just gonna explode or leave the Dex. Sure. :lol:

AdamReith

Magister
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
This kind of lore really helps me immerse myself in the Gaming God Fluent universe.

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
OP's post reminded me of Chris Elliot as Marlon Brando on the Late Night with Davd Letterman Show some years ago. Chris/Marlon was hawking his new Marlon Brando's Prime Brown Barbecue Sauce on the show. He opens up a jar, takes a big spoonful, eats it, grimaces, winces, and says, "I don't think that's my barbecue sauce. I have an idea what that is and it's definitely not my barbecue sauce. Someone backstage has played a little prank on me."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom