Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

10 Top RPGs at eToychest

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Man, Fallouts should be the first in the top-ten cRPG's. If it is not, tell me, what other game had so wide game-world [and alive the meantime], style [you may not like it, but you oughta feel the taste of 50's there definetly], story, non-linearity, rust, reactive enviroment, nice RPG system [have not seen better yet in any cRPG before and after], world economics and so on. Isnt that obvious?

But Arcanum, meanwhile it was good, was not superb. The character creation system - I dont see anything why consider it good. I hated it as much as I liked SPECIAL. The limit of 50 levels also was not very pleasant and at the end I felt like too powerful to enjoy the game. And the boss was kinda lame, it was not too interesting to fight with him, oh well, itwas not interesting to fight with anyone down there. But the premise and world was ok, that for sure.

What is Darklands, heard them mentioned again and again as an example of good cRPG, but havent played or seen at leasta screen.

Sammael

Liturgist
You don't want to see a Darklands screen. It may be a game with lots of depth and optins, but the graphics make it virtually unplayable these days. And this is coming from someone who doesn't mind Master of Magic and Colonization's graphics in the least bit.

Sammael said:
You don't want to see a Darklands screen. It may be a game with lots of depth and optins, but the graphics make it virtually unplayable these days. And this is coming from someone who doesn't mind Master of Magic and Colonization's graphics in the least bit.
And the interface. Wading through a simple task in Darklands may see the player employing eight or nine screens of buttons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom