Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Fargus
Fargus
Nevada is nice, but i never finished it. It feels a lot more constrained than Fallout 2. Writing wasn't that interesting, just my impression. So i quit with intention to maybe some day come back and finish it but so far never did. Even replayed Fallout 2 since then. But don't let it stop you, a total conversion like that is worth trying.
Fargus
Fargus
*fucking 420 character limit*

You should also play czech TC Fallout Resurrection 1.5 i had more fun with it to be honest and it feels more like Fallout 2 which i prefer.
Modron
Modron
I enjoyed Nevada more, the team really did a good job of injecting use into underloved skills like repair, science and survival. Lots of little secrets here there, lots of skill interaction with the environment, and I don't remember 1.5's writing being any better but it's been 6 years. Both are certainly miles ahead of commercial releases of their year and I can't wait for a proper translation to Sonora.
NecroLord
NecroLord
5395-1639153234-3daf690d5792e694341fd9cfa40481e2.png
Nevada also looks really good.
A lot of work was put into the environments as well.
Fargus
Fargus
You played Olympus 2207 btw? I wonder if they censored all the extreme racism in english translation... I hope not.
NecroLord
NecroLord
No, haven't played it, but it looks pretty fucking amazing. I'll definitely try it out.
They self-censored the english translation? What did they do? Had too many N bombs?:lol:
Modron
Modron
Olympus 2207 is decent, starting area could be better for sure too much mousing over every single npc because there are a lot of them moving around and some of them actually yield content. Further locations range from somewhat anemic to fairly good, I wouldn't put it in the same tier with Nevada or 1.5 but it's definitely worth persevering through the start to see if you like the game once it opens up.
Fargus
Fargus
Biggest achievement of Olympus is how much visual rework of fallout graphics was done. The difference is like between Baldurs Gate and PST. Usually total conversions have very little of their own assents, talking heads aside.
Fargus
Fargus
NecroLord

I don't know if they did. Just saying it wouldnt surprise me if they did, or whoever translated it. I mean imagine a game where you kill some mob boss' best friend and then you post humously mock his friend as some irrelevant dead nigger nuisance to piss him off. And from what i recall his friend was also a detestable nigger pimp.
Fargus
Fargus
I'm not gonna spoil much more than that, but there was multiple times my character called someone a nigger.
Fargus
Fargus
Can't say much about Nevada editions, for me it was also long time ago. Probably one of the latest betas of Nevada or early release versions. Don't remember any crazy shit in it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom