Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > I love you, mother

whydoibother
whydoibother
Looks like Great Power spheres of influence, and a call for a return to imperialism. I'd rather that, if this absolutely has to happen, it happens not by design. I'd rather USA pursues its globalism, and then by incompetence its rivals tear some chunks off. At least that way the Great Powers compete for influence, rather than form a cartel and draw borders without having to bribe local leaders into joining.
Üstad
Üstad
Still better than Peter Zeihan
whydoibother
whydoibother
Zeihan is falsifiable. He said China will not exist in its current form within a few years. If its 2030 and the communist party still rules China as it does today, we can objectively say he's wrong.
But anyways, he's also saying globalization is over, back to spheres of influence. He's just saying nobody is prepared for it except USA, and that USA will do it on purpose, out of self interest.
Üstad
Üstad
Btw my bypass paywall thing retardo'd I can't read other articles from that site.
Üstad
Üstad
Isn't that unipolar world not globalism? Globalism still and it will continue, supply chains can't function without it.
whydoibother
whydoibother
Unipolar world is globalism, but globalism isn't necessarily unipolar world. Zeihan is saying globalism will end, because the one single power will exit it and self-isolate for some internal healing, and that every other country is unprepared for it, so the global trade network gets fucked.
whydoibother
whydoibother
Your article says instead that the one power is weak, and rivals appear, and they make concessions and settlements to divide the globe (but trade might continue). And I am hoping that there'd be no settlement/concessions, and that the little guys will be able to play both sides (or all four sides?) in a way similar to the Cold War. Yugoslavia was doing well in a bipolar world, and collapsed in an unipolar world.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom