Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
Sorry. I've never owned a Laptop worth a damn.
ItsChon
ItsChon
Oh well, thanks either way.
Kyl Von Kull
Kyl Von Kull
What games do you want to run on it?
ItsChon
ItsChon
I've been locked out of pretty much any modern game that's come out, as the current laptop I'm using is not a gaming laptop in the slightest with an integrated graphics chip that only has 128 megs of dedicated video ram. I'm not looking to run anything too graphically intensive, I just want to run new releases at reasonable 60 fps 720p settings, with medium graphics.
ItsChon
ItsChon
Witcher 3 or maybe OW cause I've always wanted to try it would be on the higher spectrum of the games I'm looking to play in terms of performance.
Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
Pretty sure 8gb of RAM is too little now...
Kyl Von Kull
Kyl Von Kull
You might want to get a refurbished one. You’d be able to afford much better hardware.
ItsChon
ItsChon
Also worth mentioning, I don't really give that much of a fuck about weight or even how slim it is (though it'd be nice), but I want a decent sized screen. Something around 15 inches give or take an inch on either side.

And like I said, I have a shit laptop atm.
ItsChon
ItsChon
WDYM by refurbished?
Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
Previously owned, turned in, and repaired.
Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
Sold at discount. Often in good shape.
ItsChon
ItsChon
I'd prefer to stay away from something refurbished just because I'd rather not risk anything being wrong with an expensive product I order over the internet. Found this while digging, how is it? https://tinyurl.com/y9e9dhcy
Jacob
Jacob
apple macbook + windows
Kyl Von Kull
Kyl Von Kull
macbook probably too expensive to get with even semi decent hardware for less than a grand
ItsChon
ItsChon
I mean, my budget is around 1,000 so I have some flexibility. I'm willing to shell out a few hundred bucks more if it means getting a quality machine. I absolutely hate Macs and Apple products though, so nty.
Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
Just don't buy Alienware.
Jacob
Jacob
didn't read the whole comments, lol. forget what I said, you can't get 15 inch mac for a grand. apple products are fine, though.
DakaSha V
DakaSha V
i have a really really good gaming laptop for 1k
Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
Covered in semen.
Mortmal
Mortmal
Depends what you want to play ...Below 1K you get something barely good enough to run the latest AAA games on min but its overkill for most indies.I5 8300 , 8go ram, and gtx 1050 most likely , that's far from great below min spec for monster hunter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom