Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

DakaSha V
DakaSha V
i tried playing this on snes when i was a kid, and didnt understand it. Went back to jrpg's and street fighter instead
LeStryfe79
LeStryfe79
I played a bunch of MM1 on NES. I remember the song Canon on title screen.
Roguey
Roguey
Jacob
Jacob
I misread it as "Scrooge disagreed"
Roguey
Roguey
She wasn't even alive back then -_-
Jacob
Jacob
by the way, since you mentioned Terra Roguey, one thing that bothers me is that Terra and Xeen's combat, while most people considered to be easy piece of cake, actually had the potential to be developed into something super fun, with complexity matching tactical top-down strategy but feeling like a totally different game.
Jacob
Jacob
A turn-based blobber with combat integrated into its world map, instead of having separate screen, but this time, cut the melee engagement menu from Terra/Xeen and make melee integrated to the world map too.
Jacob
Jacob
Basically like RT blobbers, but turn-based.
Jacob
Jacob
But the combat would be more comparable to top-down tactical RPGs, but feeling completely different because of the perspective, also spells and abilities need to be adjusted to take advantage of this perspective.
Jacob
Jacob
We can also adopt Wiz 8 party members positioning instead of using the classic front row/back row formation, since by having combat fully integrated to the game world, enemies will be able to engage you from the side and even from the back.
Jacob
Jacob
But it should still be fully grid-based instead of free movement.
Bigg Boss
Bigg Boss
You should be playing 3 and 4. Why would anyone play 2?
Strange Fellow
Strange Fellow
Jacob
Jacob
Whatever game TorontRayne was talking about, we can safely assume that he sure is pop-a-mole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom