Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Eyestabber
Eyestabber
Well, if it's not your thing there isn't much you can do about it. However, Law is sort of a "catch all" Major where nobody is really out of place. I agree that the job market is tough, but top tier lawyers still find good opportunities.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Can't find myself in law, feel dislocated as hell and my academic results are suffering.
I learned many a useful thing in here, but yeah I studied for the wrong thing for the wrong reasons. I should have researched better.
Eyestabber
Eyestabber
My personal experience: I have 2 bros on IT. They are both decently employed, but making less monies than I do. And working more hours. And they suffered a lot more during their College years. As for the Librultardism, I guess you're unlucky. I had some shitlord proffessors that kept me with SOME measure of hope.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
My brother works on a big company, Master Programmers there earn upwards of 10k. That's a lot of jewgold, shit son 5k here makes you into a king, or at least a baron.
I have a few hidden shitlord professors, heh.
Perhaps its a region thing?
Also code is code everywhere, while laws change from country to country. Could be good in case I have to make a exit.
Eyestabber
Eyestabber
Yeah, that's the biggest advantage. My degree is nearly useless outside HUEland.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
I will rescue you if you get stranded with the country collapsing on top of you, promise. Can't help you with learning the law, tho.
an Administrator
an Administrator
I guess being a lawyer is a well-paying job. Gotta defend those dindus
Excidium II
Excidium II
Computer science != IT
Excidium II
Excidium II
"Also code is code everywhere, while laws change from country to country. Could be good in case I have to make a exit." <-- You dont need to leave either, plenty companies hire for home office jobs
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Wait a minute, Eyestabber:
I want to go from Law to CS. You did the reverse.
You're from the south, I'm from the north.
I thought Barbarian was my evil doppelganger?
Do you have a goatee, per chance?
Excidium II
Excidium II
Also a good part of STEM is working in Uni labs doing research. Pays well, not (((CLT))), interesting work, free trips to present in events
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Exc: That's what I was talking about when I said freelance.

On computer science: Well, I want to deal with programming. I'm learning HTML right now, my brother brought me a udmy course.

Being at the forefront of RESEARCH and SCIENCE sounds dope, sign me up!

Not CLT? Is it Civil Service or what?
Excidium II
Excidium II
It's "bolsa" in the offers I see. Maybe you get regularized if you become a teacher idk
an Administrator
an Administrator
"I'm learning HTML right now"
Excidium II
Excidium II
Learning how to make websites is a good start because everything is web technologies now. In fact many modern programs on desktop and phone are p. much webpages running locally.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Ins't making it all webpages running locally a bit daft? I mean, seems weird when you can actually code a propa program.

I also have a tutorial on lua which I stopped to continue HTML, my brother also has other courses lines up. Think I might HTML videos this week, then CSS. Maybe by next month or the one after that I will finish the web programming course.
Excidium II
Excidium II
It is daft but people are lazy :M
Excidium II
Excidium II
"Think I might HTML videos this week, then CSS. Maybe by next month or the one after that I will finish the web programming course." Cool. The next logical step is jewscript so you can make your pages do stuff
an Administrator
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Javascript? Do I have to make a pact with satan or those are optional? God, I hate jscript and Adobe Flash crap. These are the cancer on the internet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom