Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

MediantSamuel
MediantSamuel
Something turn based like Underrail, perhaps?
DawnrazorDCLXVI
DawnrazorDCLXVI
Morrowind works on most netbooks, these days.
Zombra
Zombra
Looking less for 60 hour RPGs and more for "shoot pixel art robots for 20 minutes before passing out", but thanks for the suggestions.
MediantSamuel
MediantSamuel
Dark Forces 2? :P
pippin
rise of the triad (the old one)
Johannes
Johannes
ADOM
Ellef
Ellef
DCSS, Starcrawlers
Maggot
Maggot
Doom 1 and 2
Lhynn
Lhynn
X-COM
Zombra
Zombra
Special thanks to those who didn't suggest first-person shooters. Keyboard and controller only means no mouse, you lunatics.
Zombra
Zombra
Ended up grabbing Hyper Light Drifter. Perfect for these purposes so far. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
Maggot
Maggot
doom 1, 2, and RotT are perfectly playable with keyboard only
Lhynn
Lhynn
Doom 1 and 2 were designed to be played with keyboard only as far as i know, its the trooh way of playing them.
DawnrazorDCLXVI
DawnrazorDCLXVI
Painkiller is good, mindless fun--and playable on laptop at this point. I am certain you can buy if on Steam.
CryptRat
CryptRat
The Gold Box Games are the no-brainer choice when looking for RPGs which you can play with a controller (but I don't remember if all of them are playable with a controller).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom