Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

pippin
(((phoenicians)))
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Don't forget the Mali and Ghana trade routes, also these weird polynesians in the middle of the amazon, I don't even know how they got there but they're thre and they're involved.

Also, there's Z, but you see, Z is [REDACTED]
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Bronze Age Greeks may or may not be involved, as apparently they got their copper from north america, too. Somehow.
Delterius
Delterius
It started as a joke.

But could be that I stumbled upon the Truth.

[REDACTED]
Delterius
Delterius
I was thinking of using Custom Nation to add weird shit to the Americas. Like a phoenician colony in Rio/Parnaíba. The culture is there, avaiable as an option. Maybe an estanged viking nation and a chinese kingdom of Jade. The seven cities of the brazilian highlands too.

Or maybe different factions in Brazil at some intervals. Like a Fetishistic Palmares OPM next to Alagoas.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Inb4 future archeologists find out everyone knew about the americas, except europeans aparently. I blame the romans.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Mali-Tupi colony in the northeast
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Wait, Eu4 has phoenician culture as a option?! Rates this post as "It was Phoenicians"
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Guaicuru/Kadweu tribes in the center-west and part of Paraguay, with horse nomad national ideas
Delterius
Delterius
Another little known fact: if you combine Animist religion with certain cultures your Ruler gains a special title. For a few instances: Animist Egyptian Kings are called Pharaohs.
Delterius
Delterius
Oh yeah, wether you go fantasy or historical routes there are plenty of ideas for strange starts. Imagine playing as Palmares OPM and trying to build tall and survive against the giant Colony all around you.
Delterius
Delterius
The Romans did nothing wrong. Their diviners were clearly afraid of what lied across the sea, what devils the atlanteans bound in the west.
pippin
why tho

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom