Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > I lost the ability to rate with some buttons, I'm sad

Bibbimbop
Bibbimbop
Old things are new again. The politics of Current Year have failed.
Ellef
Ellef
We must go upwards, not forwards
Excidium II
Excidium II
oy vey
pippin
No gods or kings. only men.
Irenaeus
Irenaeus
I am.
Puukko
Puukko
we'd need to have had monarchy in the first place.
Excidium II
Excidium II
4 things that can suck my ballz
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
I wonder what old reactionaries would think about your nationalist reactionary sentiments. Nationalism used to be liberal and an anti-thesis of monarchist reactionaries.
pippin
Esp. in South America, where the Nationalists were the ones proclaiming the independence of each nation's States, all of them with a strong liberal influence. Consider how Republicans in USA want to keep the country isolated and independent from the rest of the world.
Irenaeus
Irenaeus
^ Citation Needed.
pippin
Don't really need a citation when most if not all of South America's founding fathers all had european roots, and some of them even educated themselves in Europe. Beyond that, nothing much can be done if the word "liberal" bothers you; you should know their liberals were different. Blame eurocuck kings who weren't wise enough to not be captured, I guess.
pippin
Also, when it comes to USA, isolationism was one of the most popular political movements up until ww1/2 and jews.
Irenaeus
Irenaeus
lol Brazil, the only country that matters in South America, was founded by European Nobility.

Get bent.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Only country to be founded by European nobility because only country that had its "home country nobility" on flight running from their own country like its in wild fire taking refugee in their colonies. Hardly something to be proud of.
Irenaeus
Irenaeus
I bet your Sultan wished he had some colony to take refugee after WWI, infidel.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
The Sultan ran from its own military at least not from Napoleon's.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
FreeKaner: Dynastic Multi-National States may have had a chance to work, but nowdays Nationalism is too strong. The old aristocracy, similar to our current oligarchy, was a cosmopolitan class, but they would never think of actively murdering their nations and subjects to create a One-World Order Aristocracy.

Besides, there are types of nationalism. Brazilian nationalism is culture-language-civic nationalism.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Also, transfering the capital of the empire to Brazil is a idea that exists since the late 1500s. Portugal is a little country that's nearly undefensable. Brazil is huge and has a ocean of distance from Europe.

In the end, Napoleon lost and Dom João VI and his dinasty remained. Napoleon himself said that Dom João VI was the only one who fooled him. Got played like a little bitch, and it was practically by accident.
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Just a reminder that the "Great" (Greatly Overstimated) Napoleon was played like a bitch by a old, fat, weirdo, depressive, indecisive king whose mother was crazy and wife was a straight-out traitorous agent of the Spanish crown who sought to undermine the Kingdom every way she could.
FreeKaner
FreeKaner
Napoleon is greatly misrepresented if anything, if he was such a trash human being how did he manage to become Emperor of France with half of Europe as his satellite states, other half under his mercy while starting as a broke lower nobility from an irrelevant island?

You don't need to put down Napoleon to try to elevate Portuguese nobility, I was mostly shitposting Iren and he was shitposting me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom