Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > I have come to realize this place is filled with degenerates anyway. Not one, but multiple mentally ill people just allowed to run free without oversight.

bussinrounds
bussinrounds
agentorange
agentorange
bussinrounds
bussinrounds
agentorange
agentorange
Realized you might have meant my favorite films, lol. Fulci's Gates of Hell trilogy, and Zombi 2, most of Argento's earlier stuff up to probably Opera; Suspiria is one my favorite movies ever. House With Laughing Windows is probably my favorite pure giallo. I love Nightmare City even thought it's sort of bad.
bussinrounds
bussinrounds
I was talking about the films, but the tracks are appreciated as well ! I've seen Fulci's movies and like them, but haven't gotten into the pure giallo stuff yet. (does Suspiria count ? have seen that) I do have Deep Red on my HD (haven't watched it yet) and will get some others (including House With Laughing Windows, thanks to your suggestion)
bussinrounds
bussinrounds
What about spanish horror ? I've seen Let Sleeping Corpses Lie and liked it. How was Rec, btw ? No western horror for you ?
agentorange
agentorange
I tend to see giallo in two categories, which is ones with supernatural elements (Suspiria, House by the Cemetery), and then the ones where its just people killing people. Argento has the Animal Trilogy which is excellent (Four Flies on Grey Velvet, Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Cat O Nine Tails. Fulci has a good one called Lizard in a Woman's Skin. Black Belly of the Tarantula is another good one.
agentorange
agentorange
Tombs of the Blind Dead is a great Spanish horror, and one of my favorite zombie films(sequels are pretty good too). Hunchback of the Morgue is really gross. Tesis is a great thriller. In A Glass Cage.

I watch American horror too; Carpenter and Don Coscarelli are great. For newer directors I really like Ti West's stuff.
bussinrounds
bussinrounds
Haven't heard of a few of these. Gonna hit the seas and see what I can find.

Carpenter is the man and his movies had some great soundtracks too. (the Escape From NY one is really good)

Have you seen Videodrome, Maniac, Henry, From Beyond, the Prowler...

I'm sure you saw Dawn (78') and Day (85') of the Dead, they were some great zombie films.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom