Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > I have come to realize this place is filled with degenerates anyway. Not one, but multiple mentally ill people just allowed to run free without oversight.

NeoKino
NeoKino
Not a bad backlog, I wish you luck. Soul Reaver is an Amazing game too , you're going to have a ton of fun.
sullynathan
sullynathan
controller doesn't work for some reason and the controls are really weird.
United Nations
United Nations
Soul Reaver is my absolute favorite game ever. It's the type of game that's impossible to beat without a walkthrough because of the insane puzzles, but even with a walkthrough, I still could not beat it all the way. Soul Reaver is also the last of a dying breed of games that relied on pre-rendered cut scenes instead of the shitty ingame rendered cut scenes that I see so much nowadays.
United Nations
United Nations
Soul Reaver also had the amazing voice talent of Michael Bell as Raziel and Tony Jay as The Elder God (he did voice work for both PST and Neverwinter Nights: Mask of the Betrayer too). The theme song Ozar Midrashim by Information Society is also my #1 pick for best music in any video game ever. Basically, the mythos like Lord of the Rings but with vampires.
United Nations
United Nations
I don't know why this franchise was shelved. There was a new game in the works called "Dead Sun" that was aborted a few years ago but you can watch a lengthy game play video on Youtube if you get bored.
Achiman
Achiman
How are you playing soul reaver? I have tried it on PC but you need a controller that doesn't have two analogue sticks or it goes retarded. You got some custom key mapper?
sullynathan
sullynathan
I used the patch that was linked in the codex post. My controller doesn't work at all though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom