Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

rpgcodex > the threads can be improved by adding more replies

Wyrmlord
Wyrmlord
Let's see the news across the ocean in America.

Protectionist Bernie Sanders **failed** to win industrial Midwest states such as Ohio, Illinois, and Missouri.

Free trader Hillary Clinton did.

Case closed.
jcd
jcd
Free trade without laws and regulations is not free. What is peddled as "free trade" nowadays is an oligarchy with corporate monopoly of one kind or another in virtually every sector.
a Goat
a Goat
Working class is 100% into being cucked nowadays. Like, they are so grateful that their employer didn't outsource their jobs elsewhere that they are willing to do everything for them.

If they were normal people like me they would just pillage and burn some rich people's district if outsourcing would happen.
an Administrator
an Administrator
The freer the market the freer the people.
alkeides 2.0
alkeides 2.0
The rise of protectionism may have a strong rationale. One fundamental flaw with economic thinking is that humans are assumed to be doing things to make a living and improve their economic condition. This is partially true. But people are also doing things for existential reasons. We may be better off economically (in the aggregate) by exporting jobs. But that's not what people may really want.
alkeides 2.0
alkeides 2.0
people might want to *do* things. Just to do things, because they feel it is part of their identity. It may be cruel to cheat them of that. They too want to play. They want to have their soul in the game.

Bureaucrats don't get it because they don't do things.
communard
communard
Wyrmlord has anybody ever told you that you have the mental capabilities of a reasonably bright 11 year old?
Wyrmlord
Wyrmlord
I see Codexers have not changed. They attack the person, not the argument.
a Goat
a Goat
you should always attack the person, not the argument to be honest

it simply makes more sense
an Administrator
an Administrator
Hillary isn't that much of a free trader, just moreso than Bernie
Irenaeus III
Irenaeus III
"Protectionist Bernie Sanders" #LMAO
Irenaeus III
Irenaeus III
"Free trader Hillary Clinton" wtfamireading.jpg
Irenaeus III
Irenaeus III
Stick to math and shitting on the streets, friend.
Hegel
Hegel
Why should the underclass be allowed to dictate the terms of free enterprise? I believe in entrepreneurial freedom, and the right to organize my own property and business organization the way I see fit, including hiring people with little concern for whichever citizenship they might hold; profit seeking motive unabated within an acknowledged set of pre-defined laws.
Hegel
Hegel
I harbor the forlorn hope that this is a free country; don't like it? Start your own companies, but what is mine is mine, fucking commies.

:troll: :abyssgazer:
jcd
jcd
I believe in the right to make soap and lampshades out of any material I deem fit for the purpose.
Hegel
Hegel
Start with your own dickcheese, neckbeard.

:smug:
The Brazilian Slaughter
The Brazilian Slaughter
Free Trade is great... when it is fair and both parties compete in similar conditions. There should be no free trade between countries with good labour rights and industrial wage slavery country. It causes a race to the bottom and soon everyone is out of a job because of millions of chinks who work to eat.
Argentina and Brasil should free trade, but Norway and China should not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom