Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Cpt. Dallas

Learned
I pre purchased KCD1 when it was first announced seemingly ages ago. I wonder if my account at warhorse still exists.

thesecret1

Arcane

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Gaym jurnos: Please, tell us more about increased diversity in KCD2.

Warhorse:
View attachment 48898

Every time i look at Henry's actor i can't disassociate him from the game. I look at that face and i feel i already know this guy. Would be quite jarring to meet the actor in real life.
I hope the first words you'd say upon meeting him would be "Everyone look, Henry's come to see us!"

100% that actually happened to him at one or another.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Vortex documentary, only in czech for now:

https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...evelopment_documentary_a_summary_of_new_info/

A popular Czech gaming news site has released an exclusive documentary from WH. Unfortunately, there is no English voiceover or subs. Here's a summary of (hopefully all) important new information for my non-Czech speaking friends.

# Story
  • the game starts 2 days after the events of KCD
  • the story is a direct continuation but with new characters in a new environment
  • more mature & less naive story and characters
# World

2 maps
  • the Trosky region - a bit smaller than KCD map, way more dense, offers dozens of hours of gameplay
  • the Kuttenberg map - about the size of KCD map, developer mentioned 3 settlements that define its borders (see my map)
  • Kuttenberg is a compromise between realism and fun but still incredibly huge
# Gameplay
  • easier to pick up for newcomers but still hard to master
  • not as innovative as KCD, builds on the features of that game
  • first-person only, focus on immersion
  • better facial animations, lighting, cutscenes, more characters
  • combat based on KCD, still not a good idea to face 3 bandits at a time, but Henry is more experienced
  • guns difficult to aim, take long to load, after shooting there's smoke everywhere, very loud (can't play a stealth gunner!) - but if you hit your enemy, they're dead
# Development
  • in terms of manhours ("manmonths"), the studio has spent about twice as much time on this game
  • developers rewrote their tools, game runs better and is more stable
  • way more expensive than KCD
  • crossbow had been planned for KCD1 but was cut

EDIT: https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...uple_of_new_random_kcd2_interview_key_points/

Here are some new key points that i got from german videos and streams:
  • all of the NPCs are unique in KCD2, with their own daily life, their own bed etc. there are no NPCs who just spawn into the world only to walk around in circles with a bucket of water or whatever. every NPC has a fixed and unique inventory. whatever you steal from these inventories is actually gone and will not respawn in their inventory
  • combat is pretty much the same as in KCD1 but some weapon types like axe or mace have less available directions now in the combat rose. so the weapon type specifies how complex the attack pattern is going to be. you can do a lot of movement with a one handed sword but a mace or axe is more about raw damage and power which is why those have a less complex combat rose
  • they have more weapon experts for KCD 2, which means all of the KCD 1 weapon moves were reviewed again to make sure that the moves actually make sense
  • saviour schnaps is in KCD 2 but it is easier and cheaper to get than in KCD 1
  • NPCs can react to way more things now, for example if you drop a hat from your inventory while you are in a town, NPCs can decide to pick it up and wear it. also all of the corpse found, bandit found etc scenarios are more complex now and citizens and guards are going to react more realistic
  • theres a full weaponsmith crafting mechanic in the game that is as complex and immersive as the (KCD 1) alchemy mechanic
  • there are more ways to shape Henry in KCD 2, for example more complex dialogue options with friendly, evil, lie answer choices. also Henry (the player) has to choose between some very unpleasant series of events within the story and its up to the player to decide whats the best option within a pool of horrible options. Tom McKay recorded more than 450 hours of content
  • pretty much all of the KCD 1 mechanics are in KCD 2 but in a more streamlined way. that doesnt mean they made it easier or less complex but they tried to make it less clunky
  • KCD 2 has new drinking and fun songs
  • you can pet the dogs, cats and the horses
  • for scale comparison: KCD 1 Rattay is like one street in KCD 2 Kuttenberg
  • Henry can not swim in KCD 2

So they chose Baldur's Gate 2 approach to sequal for Kingdom Come? Nice

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
God damn it man, I was trying to keep low expectations, but Henry riding in on a horse was truly the most perfect reveal one could imagine.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Over 1 million views already for the reveal video on Warhorse's channel.
Feels like the first game's popularity has been steadily and slowly rising throughout the years and this might me their W3 moment.
:greatjob:
I have a feeling that the current SBI/GM2 scandal will also benefit them. People are just dead tired of woke shit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I wonder if there will be a boxed PC release for KCD2. Gonna look odd just having KCD1 on the shelf. Can someone ask on Twitter? I can't seem to ask for some reason.

thesecret1

Arcane
I heard Embracer doubled down on the game, hoping it'll explode. Hence the much higher production costs and scope, I imagine.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
1 million views in less then 24h indeed. Non-WOKE, BASED, Hardcore, Medieval RPG Skyrim in time when Bethesda is splashing and laughing in pool of shit they shat and everyone looks at drunkard with "are you ok Todd" face? We shouldn't be surprised

People HUNGER for digital experiences like Kingdom Come 2

Fargus

Arcane
1 million views in less then 24h indeed.

Not bad. But i think it's still not that much because KCD is a relatively new IP with just 1 game. And i doubt that average subhuman is interested in a more or less realistic medieval game that doesn't have dommy mommies or anal intercourse with animals. Probably for for the best.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
1 million views in less then 24h indeed.

Not bad. But i think it's still not that much because KCD is a relatively new IP with just 1 game. And i doubt that average subhuman is interested in a more or less realistic medieval game that doesn't have dommy mommies or anal intercourse with animals. Probably for for the best.
Agreed but there are also millions of us who very much enjoy and love Kingdom Come type of game

KCD2 can sell 10m+ copies. Not 20 or 30+. But 10m is doable and on level of Fallout: New Vegas and will happen. Maybe this will be Medieval New Vegas

deuxhero

Arcane
Since it's CryEngine again, I hope there's an official benchmark tool.

I wonder if lances and spears are in. I want to stab people from horseback, like a true knight
You could pickup a polearm and use it from horseback in the first game. In-fact, it's stupidly OP. I cleared the bandit camp that's supposed to be the end-game this way by accident.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 isn't just bigger, it's more diverse, with Warhorse adding a 'wide Range of Ethnicities and Different characters'​

The studio is also working with a "group of experts from different ethnicities or religious beliefs".

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 was revealed yesterday, and is set to be a considerably larger and more comprehensive representation of medieval life. As part of this, it's set to address one of the more controversial elements of the first game, its lack of diversity.

In an interview with IGN, Warhorse was asked directly about its philosophy on historical accuracy in the first game, and whether that philosophy had changed in the second. To this Warhorse responded "Henry is embarking on a journey from the countryside and local quarrels to a relatively cosmopolitan city that is besieged and occupied by the invading king. Naturally, in a place like this, people can expect a wide range of ethnicities and different characters that Henry will meet on his journey."

For context, the original game was criticised for including no people of colour beyond a handful of Turkic Cumans. In response, Warhorse vociferously defended its position based on the grounds of historical accuracy. In a statement from 2018, Daniel Vávra claimed the nationality of its characters "reflects what we know about Bohemia in 1403" which included "entire family trees and property rights". Vavra admitted that "the situation at the time looked more heterogeneous in some other countries", but that, for the specific area of Bohemia the game represented, there were no people of colour around at the time.

This stance became the topic of some debate among historians. Some concurred that the ethnic representation of the area Kingdom Come depicted made sense given its primarily rural nature. Others, such as Sean Miller, felt that absence of proof did not constitute proof of absence. For Eurogamer's review of the game, Miller stated that "Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road" and that "if you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come." His point was that there was simply no way to be certain about a total lack of POC in the area Kingdom Come is set. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and somebody got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

With the sequel, Warhorse does not explicitly state that its philosophy has changed. In its response to IGN, the studio explains that "the story and plot of KCD has evolved—it's darker, deeper and more cinematic, yet also crueller with pivotal decisions and plot twists that challenge the player's conscience." More broadly, the studio states it is "trying to depict a realistic, immersive, and believable medieval world that is being reconstructed to the best of our knowledge".

This largely echoes its position on the first game, only the setting has been expanded to include areas where there is stronger evidence for cosmopolitanism. That said, Warhorse does note that, for its research, the studio is "very closely working together with universities, historians, museums, reenactors, and a group of experts from different ethnicities or religious beliefs" so perhaps the studio is drawing its historically 'accurate' representation from a broader pool of research.

Moreover, there is an implication that the game's diverse characters will play a more than peripheral role in the story. Following its reveal that players will encounter "A wide range of ethnicities", Warhorse explains that. "In KCD 1, Henry grew from a boy to a man, and now in KCD 2, he is growing from a man to a warrior. However, he can't do this by himself, and he needs a strong cast of friends to help him on his journey."

Whether or not Warhorse's stance on the knotty issue of historical accuracy has shifted, the upshot is that KCD 2 will be a more diverse game than the original, which is a good thing. It seems like we won't have long to wait before finding out how exactly Warhorse has approached this issue, as the sequel is apparently due to land later this year.

Finally, Jews and Ottoman Slaves from the Balkans will get their due representation.

Ryzer

Arcane
Codex will slurp it up, bend the knee, accept it, and argue how based it is to show diversity in Kingdom Come.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Did you read that motherfucking article by supposedly biggest "NEWS" agency in Gaming Industry?! Read it! FUCKIN read it. And tell me civil war is not coming. How are normal people supposed to live with these retarded lunatics full of hate??? They are straight, and I do mean STRAIGHT out of 1984 or any Dystopia

Just read it to SEE THE LEVEL OF INSANITY AND LIES we live in today. 20 years ago you would be whipped for this. Madness will only get worse unless we get physical

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Codex will slurp it up, bend the knee, accept it, and argue how based it is to show diversity in Kingdom Come because muh Vavrà.
There won't be niggers. Vavra will hold on. But these journos need to be killed with every type of medieval weaponry from Kingdom Come 2

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Did you read that motherfucking article by supposedly biggest "NEWS" agency in Gaming Industry?! Read it! FUCKIN read it. And tell me civil war is not coming. How are normal people supposed to live with these retarded lunatics full of hate??? They are straight, and I do mean STRAIGHT out of 1984 or any Dystopia

Just read it to SEE THE LEVEL OF INSANITY AND LIES we live in today. 20 years ago you would be whipped for this. Madness will only get worse unless we get physical

Don't let madness live rent-free inside your head.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The diversity one by IGN?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Look, I'll calm down. I haven't consooomed modern journalizm for a long time, and it got much much worse

Look at this paragraph alone. And out of 9 paragaphs 8 are devoted to WOKENESS and open pressure and struggle session for WarHorse to kneel

This stance became the topic of some debate among historians. Some concurred that the ethnic representation of the area Kingdom Come depicted made sense given its primarily rural nature. Others, such as Sean Miller, felt that absence of proof did not constitute proof of absence. For Eurogamer's review of the game, Miller stated that "Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road" and that "if you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come." His point was that there was simply no way to be certain about a total lack of POC in the area Kingdom Come is set. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and somebody got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom