Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Yosharian

Arcane
My main issue with the game is just the lack of challenge, I get bored with a game like this if there's no challenge

Once I unlocked Augural Flare the game was over

Shaki

Arbiter
Is it possible to get all grimories for Trysha quest after using them all for that other magic quest? I only have second "Nation Death Kneel" grimoire.
You can get aditional Howling Blizzard and Towering Earth by using Plunder on specific NPCs, but I don't think Let There Be Light and Fulminous Shield have any copies. However I read that you don't need to get Trisha all grimoires to progress her quest, 3 might be enough.

Stoned Ape

Savant
My main issue with the game is just the lack of challenge, I get bored with a game like this if there's no challenge

I'd say Sorcerer, Mystic Spearhand, Thief, and Magic Archer all have the ability to trivialise the difficulty of the game. On top of that, Warrior and Archer can kill any big boss if they're played competently.

Warfarer can get the best parts of two classes (for example taking Flare from Sorcerer and machine gun shot from Archer or mega volley from Magic Archer) and kill anything in a few seconds.

I hope the DLC gives us a largen new area to explore, increases the challenge across the board, and introduces a generous selection of new enemy types. I don't think they need to add new vocations or abilities, though. There's a good selection already.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

I'd say Sorcerer, Mystic Spearhand, Thief, and Magic Archer all have the ability to trivialise the difficulty of the game. On top of that, Warrior and Archer can kill any big boss if they're played competently.

Warfarer can get the best parts of two classes (for example taking Flare from Sorcerer and machine gun shot from Archer or mega volley from Magic Archer) and kill anything in a few seconds.

I hope the DLC gives us a largen new area to explore, increases the challenge across the board, and introduces a generous selection of new enemy types. I don't think they need to add new vocations or abilities, though. There's a good selection already.

I wouldn't mind something that introduces some of the missing bits of Mystic Knight, e.g. shield self enchant for retaliation damage, magic cannon, etc. but either way, the game is pretty complete as is on that level.

Definitely agree about new areas and enemies and a challenge ramp would be great though. Some sort of attrition oriented megadungeon would be fantastic, like BBI - especially if it was non-linear.

Yosharian

Arcane

Yeah I'm thinking of playing Fighter when I have another crack at the game

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Is it possible to get all grimories for Trysha quest after using them all for that other magic quest? I only have second "Nation Death Kneel" grimoire.
I threw her off a bridge. I gave her the tomes but the quest wouldn't progress. I grew tired of her shenanigans.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I threw her off a bridge. I gave her the tomes but the quest wouldn't progress. I grew tired of her shenanigans.

There are some duplicates to be found in various ways... It might depend though. Did you give all 5 to the sorcerer? I gave 3 to each, no forgeries.

SDC: I think you dun messed up. :lol:

mediocrepoet

Patron
Finally decided to quit screwing around and progress the MQ.

The end game area looks cooler than the original by far, imo. This is definitely more of a reboot of DD1 than anything and that's fine by me. I think a lot of what they did with it has been pretty cool and fleshes out the themes more and some of the presentation is more interesting.

The role and use of the Godsbane was more interesting and the reveal of the true dragon actually made me laugh. That was definitely a great gaming moment.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

There are some duplicates to be found in various ways... It might depend though. Did you give all 5 to the sorcerer? I gave 3 to each, no forgeries.

I gave 3 to each. She wouldn't ever go past "I still studyin ser" or whatever. I don't really care. I got Maelstrom and that's all that matters. She wasted so much of my time it was worth watching the brine eat her.

I read that her grandmother can randomly die. That may have been what broke the quest. I only seen her grandpa appear after a while.

Shrimp

Arbiter

I gave 3 to each. She wouldn't ever go past "I still studyin ser" or whatever. I don't really care. I got Maelstrom and that's all that matters. She wasted so much of my time it was worth watching the brine eat her.

I read that her grandmother can randomly die. That may have been what broke the quest. I only seen her grandpa appear after a while.
That happened to me. I kept returning to the girl after waiting for several days but she'd just say she was still studying. I figured the quest was just bugged but on a whim decided to go to the mortuary in Vermund and found out her body was there. Not sure how she'd died but after I resurrected her I was able to finish the quest.

Shaki

Arbiter
That happened to me. I kept returning to the girl after waiting for several days but she'd just say she was still studying. I figured the quest was just bugged but on a whim decided to go to the mortuary in Vermund and found out her body was there. Not sure how she'd died but after I resurrected her I was able to finish the quest.

I couldn't start the quest at all, and it turns out it was because her Grandma was dead.

Suicidal

Arcane
How are people saying that the game is too short, or shorter than the original DD?

I'm 51 hours in and I just arrived to cat city.

Both of my original DD playthroughs are at around 60 hours, where I did nearly everything + 1 run of BBI.

Also for some reason game is running shittier for me in the desert region, only around 50 FPS outside with dips when fighting happens.

Last edited:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It can be as short or as long as you want it to be. I have over 200 hours played. I could have easily finished it in under 50 hours but what fun would that be?

Shrimp

Arbiter
How are people saying that the game is too short, or shorter than the original DA?

Both of my original DA playthroughs are at around 60 hours, where I did nearly everything + 1 run of BBI.

Also for some reason game is running shittier for me in the desert region, only around 50 FPS outside with dips when fighting happens.
If you exclusively do the game's main story you can probably easily go through your first playthrough in like 20 hours. An overwhelming amount of the game's 'meat' is getting side tracked by random shit in the open world areas.

Suicidal

Arcane
How are people saying that the game is too short, or shorter than the original DA?

Both of my original DA playthroughs are at around 60 hours, where I did nearly everything + 1 run of BBI.

If you exclusively do the game's main story you can probably easily go through your first playthrough in like 20 hours. An overwhelming amount of the game's 'meat' is getting side tracked by random shit in the open world areas.
The same can be said about DD1, I saw people unfamiliar with it "speedrun" it in under 15 hours, yet I've seen a lot of claims that it's shorter and even at howlongtobeat.com it has a shorter length.

Also now idea why I spelled it as "DA" in my post, I meant DD.

mediocrepoet

Patron

The same can be said about DD1, I saw people unfamiliar with it "speedrun" it in under 15 hours, yet I've seen a lot of claims that it's shorter and even at howlongtobeat.com it has a shorter length.

Also now idea why I spelled it as "DA" in my post, I meant DD.

DDDA - Dark Arisen.

Eh, if you beelined this MQ, you could blow through it relatively quickly, while though you can do that with the OC, if you're also trying to beat DA, BBI will take you a fair bit even if you only beat the first Daimon form.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I honestly don't think the story is that bad. It's fatal flaw is they never bother to wrap up the Vernworth stuff. They just completely drop it. If that had a proper resolution this would actually be a really good story. Phaesus is a interesting character and it's pretty brilliant how they sprinkle in little details about him throughout the game without revealing him until the very end. Nice touch. It just sucks that the Vernworth drama is completely forgotten. It all needed to be tied together.

mediocrepoet

Patron
I honestly don't think the story is that bad. It's fatal flaw is they never bother to wrap up the Vernworth stuff. They just completely drop it. If that had a proper resolution this would actually be a really good story. Phaesus is a interesting character and it's pretty brilliant how they sprinkle in little details about him throughout the game without revealing him until the very end. Nice touch. It just sucks that the Vernworth drama is completely forgotten. It all needed to be tied together.

I think it basically is. Now that I've played through that arc to completion, I'm not certain what you figure needs to be added.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
You can get aditional Howling Blizzard and Towering Earth by using Plunder on specific NPCs, but I don't think Let There Be Light and Fulminous Shield have any copies. However I read that you don't need to get Trisha all grimoires to progress her quest, 3 might be enough.
Only 3 grimoires each are necessary to sufficiently appease the NPCs that grant the sorcerer master skills, and forgeries are accepted by the one in the checkpoint rest town (which is conveniently also the location of the forger). :M

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

I think it basically is. Now that I've played through that arc to completion, I'm not certain what you figure needs to be added.
I just think it could have been fleshed out more is all. Once you go to Battahl it's like nothing happening in the kingdom matters. It makes sense in the grand scheme of things as being trivial but I quite liked that part of the story.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom