Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale + Legion IX standalone expansion - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Teleport really made archers superfluous as just about anything do more damage than an archer.

Focused shot with a million AP (that archers have an easy time stacking) does enough damage to instantly remove any enemy from across the entire map until fomorians appear. Then there's shit like mass AP drain from burning arrow and cooldown reduction on basic attack kill, and more that I'm already forgetting. Dindraine was a core part of my A-Team from start to finish.

Johannes

Arcane
Rarity of good bows is an issue, if your base damage isn't up to par then any archer is gonna be lame.

I've been using Yvain, mostly making 1 killing shot per round (first shot of round does more dmg and grants AP), then focusing on overwatch if there's enough targets on the field (overwatch shots do extra damage and cost less AP each). Used to be really good when he first got his lvl10 relic bow, but has dropped off a lot since, as I've found nothing better since and he's lvl19 now.

Should use forge to roll for better bows probably.

Bors would looks like he'd be even better w the overwatch shit, and could wear medium armor, but Yvain's a bit more versatile probably w his aoe attacks.

Cael

Arcane
Teleport really made archers superfluous as just about anything do more damage than an archer.

Focused shot with a million AP (that archers have an easy time stacking) does enough damage to instantly remove any enemy from across the entire map until fomorians appear. Then there's shit like mass AP drain from burning arrow and cooldown reduction on basic attack kill, and more that I'm already forgetting. Dindraine was a core part of my A-Team from start to finish.
What do you use to generate the million APs?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Ah, actually it wasn't exactly the million APs, but the million MPs that mattered for me - because with those you can still reposition a bunch at the start of your turn to get any faget who isn't immediately within reach of the focused shot, and with that you retain all the damage bonuses from prepared (+50% for the first attack), first shot (+30% if no AP was spent) and focused shot (uses all AP for 35% weapon damage per AP). I also gave her a +1AP elixir and could further boost it with Leodegrance's inspire (too bad that blessing counts only for melee damage or that would have been even more crazy). Bonus points if you got a bunch of enemies on fire with either fire arrow or napalm nade earlier for +AP from fire mastery.

Suddenly you do 300 armour and block ignoring damage with a focused shot from 30 tiles away. And for added laughs I also gave her a ring that finishes off any enemy that would be left with <10% HP after an attack, so no luckerfag is ever left with 1 HP (plus it instakills the Lost without letting them reanimate).

And FYI nearly all of that shit is already available at T2. Too bad that her T3 is kind of shit (and she starts dropping off a little because of it late game - fire bomb is good on paper but very unreliable in practice because no enemies ever start in an X formation or assume it), but it honestly hardly even mattered for me when the rest of the package is so kray.

Cael

Arcane

Ah, actually it wasn't exactly the million APs, but the million MPs that mattered for me - because with those you can still reposition a bunch at the start of your turn to get any faget who isn't immediately within reach of the focused shot, and with that you retain all the damage bonuses from prepared (+50% for the first attack), first shot (+30% if no AP was spent) and focused shot (uses all AP for 35% weapon damage per AP). I also gave her a +1AP elixir and could further boost it with Leodegrance's inspire (too bad that blessing counts only for melee damage or that would have been even more crazy). Bonus points if you got a bunch of enemies on fire with either fire arrow or napalm nade earlier for +AP from fire mastery.

Suddenly you do 300 armour and block ignoring damage with a focused shot from 30 tiles away. And for added laughs I also gave her a ring that finishes off any enemy that would be left with <10% HP after an attack, so no luckerfag is ever left with 1 HP (plus it instakills the Lost without letting them reanimate).
Ah. I understand now. I had always overlooked focused shot because the initial 25% per AP just makes it the same as normal shooting. I didn't realise you can up that %/AP.

Johannes

Arcane
Hunter skill for marksman (lower all skills AP by one if facing only 1 enemy) made machine gun firing the final boss fight kinda easy even when underleveled.

Too bad the story gets less and less interesting as the game progresses (first chapter you still have the sense of mystery, even if you have retarded missions like Kay proving his loyalty by killing the rebels he hired instead of just telling them to stand down). Not really feeling like playing the endgame stuff, didn't even finish the morality questlines.

Game's too long, could potentially replay this shit if it there wasn't so much trash combat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2739830/view/4216008828250937583
A Brief Summary of King Arthur: Legion IX

Ave!

On the 9th of May, 2024, King Arthur: Legion IX will be released on Steam, which means there are only two days left. Before that date, we would like to give you a quick summary of the game, with helpful links to the more detailed blog posts about various features.

King Arthur: Legion IX is a dark fantasy tactical role-playing game that takes place in the universe of King Arthur: Knight's Tale. It tells the story of an
undead Roman Legion
, whose members traverse the Underworlds of Tartarus and end up in a strange Avalon, twisted by the mad nightmares of Arthur. See our
latest trailer
to get a feel for the atmosphere!

• The protagonist of the game is Gaius Julius Mento, the tribune of the Ninth Legion, and he will be able to tackle various missions in a party of five combatants that could include the Flamen of Orcus, the Flamina of Vesta, the Praetorian, Sicarius, and the Centurion - you will get to know them better through dialogue and exploration.
  • As he travels Avalon searching for the lost members of the Legion, Gaius makes various decisions that will push him towards a
    morality
    stance. He could either embrace his demonic urges or he might regain his humanity. It's all up to you, the player, however! These decisions will drastically alter the narrative, including the endgame portion.
  • There is also the matter of establishing a flourishing Roman colony on Avalon: you will rebuild
    Nova Roma

and set out to make it the centre of a potential
    Eternal Rome
    . This city will serve as your headquarters, here you can build and upgrade various buildings (like the
    Lararium
    ) that will provide items, bonuses and titles for your characters. You should make preparations here between missions to ensure swift victory against all kinds of enemy types, for Avalon is full of dangerous mythical creatures and vicious opportunists. Not to mention, the Lord of Camelot is still around...

a7a8ed918675e10673821d67fbc9158d3b6ec251.png

In essence, you will get a complete new story with a 30-hour campaign, a challenging endgame mode, multiple side events, arena fights, and the branching story also encourages players to go for an alternate playthrough. It is a standalone release at the starting price of $19.99, and while this game does not require owning and knowing King Arthur: Knight's Tale, returning players will certainly benefit from it (and can prepare for a little surprise at launch).

Eligible supporters of our original Kickstarter campaign will be receiving codes for Legion IX at release, make sure to check your e-mails! Also don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.

And if you haven't done this yet, please wishlist the game, and make sure to check back when the date arrives!

To Nova Roma!

ferratilis

Magister
Peak player count 654, wtf? Have they done any marketing for this DLC? Considering how popular BG3 was, I expected more people would be interested in turn-based RPGs. It seems a bit like they're shooting themselves in the foot with this DLC.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No marketing, and an abundance of games releasing.

Not only bad markeiting, it is piss poor. People probably don't even know it's standalone.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Peak player count 654, wtf? Have they done any marketing for this DLC? Considering how popular BG3 was, I expected more people would be interested in turn-based RPGs. It seems a bit like they're shooting themselves in the foot with this DLC.
I wouldn't count being TB as among BG3's reasons for success. Bioware-tier relationships and kooky quirky characters are more important, something this game fortunately lacks.

ferratilis

Magister
TB as among BG3's reasons for success
I meant that because of the success of BG3, more people would get into turn based games, not that TB was what made BG3 successful. But you'd need marketing for that, which these guys can't or didn't want to do.

Is it ok to play Legion IX without touching previous game?
It is ok, but I'd just play the original if I were you, it's a better experience. This is more for people who experienced the original and want more.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
80% of BG3 Players played it because it was D POPULAR THANG. Law of momentum bitches. Basics. It could have been visual novel, it could have been platformer, it could have been Josh Sawyer's grandma, what mattered to normies is that it was D POPULAR THANG with 99.99% OVERWHELMINGLY CUMMINGLY POSITIVE REVIEWS with million+ reviews and everyone talking about that. Everyone? EVERYONE

I come to slava in Serbia and hear from dentist in his late 20s gushing how he played it last night. At the table. At slava. In Serbia. Bruh

Learn about momentum. It exists in everything in universe. Even other girls looking at you once you get your first gf is law of momentum in action

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
As far as Legion IX is concerned, it should have been an expansion to OG game. Looks too similar, looks too much like an expansion to have separate Steam page. Sure make it standalone with separate .exe launcher but not like this. Or add some system / feature which would differentiate it enough, like cavalry or demonic roman siege weapons or anything. And give Owners of original game discount for one month if they buy Legion IX

I'll play it. I'm such sucker for Rome, probably was Roman Emperor in previous life LMAOX

Arthur and Romans, their inevitable randevouz should have been more marketed. It is teased...

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems like a streamlined version of the OG game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom