Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

Zariusz

Arbiter
Ricoshet hunter is a very cool skill, in closed quarters its basically a free win card but the problem is that on the open terrain its quite meh, but even then there are options. I just fought with a drake in Battahl, during fight i progressivly lured him to a nearby canyon and then pelted the fat scally motherfucker to death, shit felt great.

Artyoan

Arbiter
Trickster could be really cool, once they add some harder difficulty options. Class has a lot of potential, but right now it's pointless because everything dies in seconds and does no damage, so all the aggro management, illusions, C&C etc. Trickster offers, has 0 opportunity to shine.
I liked it but it could use some ability to inflict debilitations on the enemy that a mirage gets attached to. Like poison or something. A false floor is interesting but very limited. Seems odd that attaching a mirage to an enemy is dispelled if the player is hit when that isn't the case if the mirage is left out in the open.

As it is now it is basically a vocation to take if the player wants to kill things in a novel and experimental way, but not efficiently. Which is okay.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Trickster could be really cool, once they add some harder difficulty options. Class has a lot of potential, but right now it's pointless because everything dies in seconds and does no damage, so all the aggro management, illusions, C&C etc. Trickster offers, has 0 opportunity to shine.
I liked it but it could use some ability to inflict debilitations on the enemy that a mirage gets attached to. Like poison or something. A false floor is interesting but very limited. Seems odd that attaching a mirage to an enemy is dispelled if the player is hit when that isn't the case if the mirage is left out in the open.

Yeah it is. The stand alones get dispelled on hit too.

As it is now it is basically a vocation to take if the player wants to kill things in a novel and experimental way, but not efficiently. Which is okay.

You killed something with it? I've found it to be something to use if you want to faff about and try to set something up but your pawns kill everything when you almost have a proper trap set up, or to use as an MMO style target dummy to pull all aggro while your pawns kill the things. It's also good to test your skills at throwing shit off cliffs.

The hidden feature of trickster is that it's a wonderful tool for testing your inner calm if you're stuck in the vocation and encounter something that is more finicky to kill like golems or drakes.

The gp generating censer is nice though. You don't do any significant damage so you can just sit around smacking stuff for free money while your pawns are busy doing all the real work. :lol:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
u7VGmI3.png

The Weeaboo above the Sea of Fog

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Stats work 90% like they did in the first game. If you level up as warrior and switch to mage you will have gimped magic. The difference is the base stat gain is not completely from the class, there's a fixed underlying stat gain for each level that gets modified by your class. e.g. everyone gets +5 magic at a certain level, but if you're in the mage class that will be bumped to +6 while fighters will get reduced to +4.

Comparing my pawn--who was a fighter up to level 20 and then switched to mage--to other dedicated mage pawns, she has around 80 less magic, but also double their HP and defense. So she's a fine support caster and doesn't die easily even if her spells don't hit as hard.

There are stat caps too. At a certain point you can't gain any more strength or magic. However I have seen conflicting evidence if "overflow" points are routed to other stats or are simply lost.

Artyoan

Arbiter

Yeah it is. The stand alones get dispelled on hit too.

You killed something with it? I've found it to be something to use if you want to faff about and try to set something up but your pawns kill everything when you almost have a proper trap set up, or to use as an MMO style target dummy to pull all aggro while your pawns kill the things. It's also good to test your skills at throwing shit off cliffs.

The hidden feature of trickster is that it's a wonderful tool for testing your inner calm if you're stuck in the vocation and encounter something that is more finicky to kill like golems or drakes.

The gp generating censer is nice though. You don't do any significant damage so you can just sit around smacking stuff for free money while your pawns are busy doing all the real work. :lol:
A lone standing mirage doesn't seem to get dispelled on every hit like an attached one does. At least there were a few times I took a hit and it didn't dispel. But it did dispel every time if I had attached it to an enemy. And every enemy I attached it to would then immediately attempt to come at me.

I killed a lot of enemies by attaching a mirage to them and letting their friends beat them to death. That is in addition to my buffed pawns now attacking enemies that are ignoring them to kill their friends. A false floor could ostensibly get big units killed by dropping them off cliffs but I didn't see the point when I wanted the drops and didn't want to go down mountains just to get it.

I think I would add two things to the trickster:
-Attaching a mirage to an enemy now inflicts poison or a random debilitation
-A skill that lets the Arisen switch places with the mirage instantly and triggers an explosion on a debilitated enemy with small damage but a high knockdown effect. For big enemies that would mean attaching a mirage to it, debilitating it, then hammering it with the switch up. Something a bit more active to do.

mediocrepoet

Patron

I killed a lot of enemies by attaching a mirage to them and letting their friends beat them to death. That is in addition to my buffed pawns now attacking enemies that are ignoring them to kill their friends.

Yeah I did both of those but anything big enough to bother often didn't have friends and I didn't spend any more time in the class than I had to to max it. It is by far the worst vocation imo.

Something a bit more active to do.

It definitely needs this, but whatever it is, it should keep the illusionist sort of thing going. Place swapping or debuffs like you were suggesting aren't bad ideas, though for debuffs currently the casters and archers occupy that niche already.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's kind of horseshit that pawns can't pick up seeker tokens. If there's one that your class can't reach you should be able to order a pawn that has the ability to go get it. I'm starting to wonder if the reason I can't find my first is because it's in a place I needed a pawn to boost me up to. Late game pawns don't seem to do that for some reason. They only did it in the early game.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Stats work 90% like they did in the first game. If you level up as warrior and switch to mage you will have gimped magic. The difference is the base stat gain is not completely from the class, there's a fixed underlying stat gain for each level that gets modified by your class. e.g. everyone gets +5 magic at a certain level, but if you're in the mage class that will be bumped to +6 while fighters will get reduced to +4.

Comparing my pawn--who was a fighter up to level 20 and then switched to mage--to other dedicated mage pawns, she has around 80 less magic, but also double their HP and defense. So she's a fine support caster and doesn't die easily even if her spells don't hit as hard.

There are stat caps too. At a certain point you can't gain any more strength or magic. However I have seen conflicting evidence if "overflow" points are routed to other stats or are simply lost.

Maybe, but you REALLY don't need to min-max your stats. In fact, I'd say most of the complaints about things melting to the point they aren't fun are a result of doing exactly that. It's pretty clear that the ideal progression is to max more or less every vocation and then go into warfarer.

I've maxed every vocation and time to kill is reasonable without being stupidly quick (assuming I'm not encountering a lower tier enemy) even though according to some of the stories here, I'm ridiculously over-levelled and haven't beaten the game for the first time yet. My pawn has maxed every vocation except sorcerer but that's mostly because I always figured him as a fighter type and only did mage at all to get its augments, whereas sorcerer offers almost nothing for that sort of character. My pawn still gets used and gets good ratings and gifts. Probably not as much as if I made it a half naked chick, but whatever. Basically the same as the first game in that regard as well. Good times.

:greatjob:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Why hello magick archer, my old friend. I've missed you.

Tbf it's understandable why they keep it hidden until near the end. You're basically turning Super Saiyan.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
If a human fucks a goat, and the goat gets pregnant, and gives birth to a human, it's not a furry. Wilhelmina is 100% human. This game's greatest sin is making her disappear after you grind pussy together.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Since I changed my Pawn's outfit from this:

20240410193230-1.jpg

To this:

20240411212239-1.jpg

She's been getting many more 'hearts' than 'thumbs up' rewards and far better presents:

20240412082742-1.jpg

Initially I was a bit worried that the loose bit of her belt might look like a strap on from some angles, but people seem to enjoy her company now and as her pimp agent that's what matters!

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Never underestimate the power of the male gaze. Also I think the strap-on look attracts gays to. I switched my pawn to similar gear last night and she's more popular. It's both revealing and makes it look like she has a big black dick. It's unfortunate in the grand scheme.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
Today I learned about this game's hidden berry mechanic.

Some of you may be aware of this, but I'm sure most aren't, so let me give everyone a little bit of background here, the short of it is that everytime you make a new game, the type of berry that can spawn in your world is a random type out of four different ones, blueberry, raspberry, strawberry or cranberry, and always only one of those, there are unique recipes for mixing berries from a world different from yours and they also have different trading prices with merchants, but if you want to get your hands on a different berry you can only do so via other player's pawn, and that's where this thread will hopefully come into play. I'm here with a simple request for the Dragon's Dogma 2 community, I'd like to ask for your help with setting up pawn quests that reward large amounts of berries for collectors such as myself and for those who'd like to try and find any more hidden mechanics like those.
https://www.reddit.com/r/DragonsDogma2/comments/1bvwzv8/blueberries_raspberries_strawberries_and/

Time to only give out berries in pawn quests.

Shaki

Arbiter
Since I changed my Pawn's outfit from this:

20240410193230-1.jpg

To this:

20240411212239-1.jpg

She's been getting many more 'hearts' than 'thumbs up' rewards and far better presents:

20240412082742-1.jpg

Initially I was a bit worried that the loose bit of her belt might look like a strap on from some angles, but people seem to enjoy her company now and as her pimp agent that's what matters!

Yup, since I gave my Pawn an anime hair colour, tatoos and skimpy outfit, she gets much more hires.

D1llpQt.png

She used to get 1-3 hires a day, now she gets 6-7 hires and much better gifts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom