Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Outlaws - coming August 30th

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
But Star Wars is not the future but the past. It literally says so in the opening crawl
Opening_crawl.jpg

Freedos

Novice
So weird. A star Wars action videogame about outlaws and bounty hunters sounds perfect to me. And yet...the action itself looks the worst part of the trailer (the first Dark Forces game having much better gunplay that this...is so crazy), the main character doesn't look like she will work like a female Han Solo, and even less a Boba Fett/Cad Bane type (strong silent type with jetpacks, cool weapons, etc).

And yeah, nice graphics from a Ubisoft game...again!

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Well, the bright side is that those of us that were around in the golden age of lucasarts etc got the best of Star Wars. Didnt seem like it at the time, seemed like there was so much potential, but they absolutely fucked it.

It does make me cringe a bit that THIS is what gets trotted out after they dropped all the legacy stuff into 'legends' or whatever they call it. I mean that stuff was pretty b grade, the books and games - but holy heck does it shit all over what they whip out these days.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
I had a vision! Listen to me!

Star Wars: Outlaws will be the first to come out and fail with a silent fart, just like all the AAA games that didn't sell. There will be some videos on YouTube, but everyone will forget about it.

Then Star Wars: Eclipse will be released. Clunky game written by David Cage that will come to life thanks to coomer mods. Game will be a success thanks to them, but no one will admit it. The people at Disney will count the money, but then Kathleen Kenedy will either cancel the sequel or take it to another studio to pump it up with ESG so it can sink with the rest of Star Wars.

Thank God.

lycanwarrior

Scholar

Star Wars Outlaws​

Exclusive Hands-On Impressions

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2024/04/10/exclusive-hands-on-impressions

After spending my afternoon taking in the sights and sounds of Toshara, I came away excited about how far you can manipulate the various systems at play in Star Wars Outlaws. Massive Entertainment came into the project wanting to create the ultimate scoundrel experience set in the Star Wars galaxy, and from what I've seen and played, it has a lot of important elements in place to accomplish that goal. I'm more excited than ever to get my hands on the final product when it arrives on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and PC on August 30.

ADL

Prophet
I've enjoyed all of Massive's games so far (World in Conflict, The Division 1/2, Avatar Frontiers of Pandora) but this one is doing nothing for me. I'll give it a shot when I have a free trial of Ubi+. Sucks that The Division 3 doesn't start development until this is out...

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Never played it.
Is it any good?
It was a better use of the Boba Fett fandom than that TV series on Disney+ was. Of course, you're Jango Fett, not Boba, but close enough. I'm sure Temuera Morrison enjoyed his time recording lines for that game than he did doing Boba Fett.

Star Wars 1313 now with 100% more Gay Race Communism.

One thing I'm relatively surprised by is that no one at Lucas Arts (or whatever it's identifying as these days) has thought to rip off the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor and put it into a game based on bounty hunting.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Corpse IP propped up by the power of sheer money.

Let's see how long that lasts.

Bulo

Scholar
Star Wars 1313 now with 100% more Gay Race Communism.

One thing I'm relatively surprised by is that no one at Lucas Arts (or whatever it's identifying as these days) has thought to rip off the nemesis system from Shadow of Mordor and put it into a game based on bounty hunting.
WB patented it. Seriously.
This is the sort of behaviour that radicalises killers

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom