Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Cologno

Educated
So is "walking simulator" and "cut most of the original's gameplay mechanics".
I don't think you understand what a walking simulator is. It's an interactive experience with no gameplay, just walking and interacting with objects.
That's not how most use the term, even if loosely. Quit being obtuse.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot
"It's not a LITERAL walking simulator!!" - t. rougay

No one cares, you know what I mean. Amnesia: A Machine for Prigs also wasn't a walking simulator in the HYPER-LITERAL sense, but so what. Both that and this have minimal to non-existent gameplay mechanics and choices, especially compared to the original - TCR did it again! By sheer cohencidence, apparently. :roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is the game you could be having this argument about. But VTMB2 literally has combat, so how can it be a walking sim.

Perhaps you're confusing it with the term "hiking sim" which Codexers sometimes apply to Bethesda RPGs?

Harthwain

Magister
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is the game you could be having this argument about. But VTMB2 literally has combat, so how can it be a walking sim.

Perhaps you're confusing it with the term "hiking sim" which Codexers sometimes apply to Bethesda RPGs?
Some people are just trying too hard.

Vincente

Arbiter

Some people are just trying too hard.
Please, we can get more unfunny fire puns if we try harder.

Dreed

Bremsstrahlunged
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The Magic Circle had combat, and was a walking sim :M

Wesp5

Arcane
The Dishonored we have at home.

Why is everybody comparing what we have seen of BL2 with Dishonored? The latter had melee weapons, ranged weapons and magic spells! For now BL2 showed punching people in different ways, nothing more...

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Dissolving bodies is a Dishonoured perk and BL2 is a 'First Person Perspective Stealth Action game' which rings to me like they emulating Dishonoured rather than Thief or an RPG.

Theres no talk of masquerade violations, just enemies that come running if u fail the stealth, a la Dishonoured.

Just not sure what else fits the bill. Instead of the knife thing and pistol we get fisticuffs and magic. Could just be terrible marketintlg I guess.

Skinwalker

*teleports into you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Why is everybody comparing what we have seen of BL2 with Dishonored? The latter had melee weapons, ranged weapons and magic spells! For now BL2 showed punching people in different ways, nothing more...
And Bethesda RPGs also have levelling, inventory, armor, quests, crafting, etc. Doesn't stop infinitroon from putting lipstick on a machine for pigs, though.

Harthwain

Magister
Theres no talk of masquerade violations, just enemies that come running if u fail the stealth, a la Dishonoured.
But you didn't violate the Masquerade by fighting enemies in Bloodlines either. That applied to civilians. So it makes some sense in the context of a "combat mission".

Semiurge

Cipher

And Bethesda RPGs also have levelling, inventory, armor, quests, crafting, etc. Doesn't stop infinitroon from putting lipstick on a machine for pigs, though.

Lipstick on a pig would look mighty good at this point.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
But you didn't violate the Masquerade by fighting enemies in Bloodlines either. That applied to civilians. So it makes some sense in the context of a "combat mission".
So what are you implying? This is a game with no humans, no public setting, no drinking mortals? If you used masq violations fighting cops in bloodlines then it quickly punished you but just shooting them didnt break masq - as I recall the hunters eventually show up for violations unless that was Wesps patches.

Anyway if its just a combat mission with noone to eat why are they doing this with the Bloodlines IP?

Wesp5

Arcane
I recall the hunters eventually show up for violations unless that was Wesps patches.

Hunters showing up for Masquerade Violations in all hubs is a feature of the original game. If you just fight somebody by normal means you only get Criminal Violations which make cops attack and hunt you.

Harthwain

Magister
So what are you implying? This is a game with no humans, no public setting, no drinking mortals?
How on earth did you come to that conclusion?

Anyway if its just a combat mission with noone to eat why are they doing this with the Bloodlines IP?
mystery.png

Baron Tahn

Scholar

Shaja

Educated
So it really comes out this year then?
It_Is_A_Mystery.JPG

"Fall" can be anywhere between final week of September and final week of December. So pretty much they have around the entire year left.

With every news, they keep changing the designs/textures. And they are still hiring, which it´s commonly when there are months left for the release date.
But they are also hiring for senior dialogue designers. Dialogue choices are supposed to bring more work as you´re to programme consequences for every choice. Although the Bioware way is just to add an additional dialogue and dnothing else changes. In conclusion: IDK.

J1M

Arcane
Is that a straight self insert for the Tremere magister!?

So in books, if people write too many of their own issues and agendas in, it's called 'self-indulgent', author gets laughed at and book goes into the bargain bin/trash/fireplace.

Why are they allowed to do it for games? The medium has got no standards or self respect its no wonder we get gutter trash - we will buy anything.

Come to think of it, it probably doesnt pay either. Real authors succeed at writing books or screenplays and get royalties. Does anyone know if game writers get royalties?
What if I told you... that all of the other characters are self-inserts or Trump caricatures? They are just harder to spot when you don't have a photo of the writer next to them. Has been the state of the industry since at least 2010.

J1M

Arcane
Is this an educated guess or was this actually mentioned somewhere?
The fact that they mentioned there would be two post-release dlcs (an additional clan and an additional story with a unique clan) means they've been in pre-production. Contracts have been signed.

I suppose they could be cancelled, but not necessarily.
Reminder that this arrangement is in place because the team productivity was too low to include these features in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom