Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Only on ps5 for what it's worth
Never heard of this person in my life but..
09522108-1806-47a7-aca1-32a32d56efec_text.gif

It's important to keep in mind that the degenerate gameplay is the soil in which troons and niggers grow. People here are so starved for a great RPG that they get hyped for the sequel of a mediocre PS3 action RPG. I'm of the opinion that genres shouldn't racemix and every day I'm proven God damn right. Swen Vincke kept the standard of Ultima-like larping alive and look where that got him, bestiality and nigger trannies. All these "based Japanese" A-RPG abominations have this body type A and B bullshit coupled with your daily dose of goyim media nigger insertion.

The true digital inheritor of the tabletop game, dungeon crawling 2.5D blobbers, are free from this shit. How did they escape CIA shits injecting this jewish garbage into them? Easy, the RPG perfection offered by them gatekeeps the genre from literal globohomo prostitutes. Since only Aryans and honorary Aryans, like the Japanese that inherited the samurai genes, can appreciate this genre it's not a primary target for American and Israeli intelligence agencies to push propganda with. They want the flavor of the month meme game to adhere to their goyim programming schemes, they don't care so much about the latest blobber.

First mistake of people in this thread getting hyped up was not having that great of a taste in games in the first place. Capcom is currently busy fighting the male gaze, injecting assfuck DRM into their games and doing DLC jewery. Of course they're going full force on the ESG DIE Mossad agenda. But let's be real for a moment here, this is reflected in the degenerate gameplay too, and the reason you see this push is because it's casual garbage churned out for the everyman mindless consumer instead of RPG enjoyers.
Who tf is this worthless nigger?

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Haters can hate all they want but the fact of the matter is this game is pure. I think the majority of the people shitting on this game are BG3 victims who now suffer from PTSD after being virtually tricked into gay sex and/or getting virtually raped. It's okay, this game won't try to molest you. Itsuno and Capcom are not Larian so chill tf out. Capcom's western marketing team is really messing y'all up. Anyways can't wait to run/jump around as my archer!

Love me some phat azz white girlz.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
You're contradicting yourself here
ESG by its principle posits that companies should invest in a way that is, above all else, "responsible" - i.e., to hold enviromental, social and political considerations as importantly as financial ones
Furthermore, most market studies show that ESG funds have underperformed for the last 2 years and also lack transparency
So in both ideals and in pratice, ESG is not a smart decision for any company that holds $ above all else

The Japs are more than happy to capitulate to the wests demands, because the west tells them that is what the world wants. The Japanese get the promise of higher sales, and the west gets to continue shoving degenerate shit downs everyones throats. There is more the enough proof in this thread that shows the absolute degradation of what was once considered, the last place (Japan) free of this shit. Instead, the game has to feature negros at every turn, woman that act like, walk like, talk like men, furry bait for degenerates like you and that hobo piece of shit, have a height slider that doesnt even allow for the average height of their own women, paying trannies, homo's and shills to create official pawns with lit up names, and here you are, eating it up. Why? Because you create furries as your Arisen, and muttboons as your pawns.

Last edited:

REhorror

Educated
Oh well, on the other hand, there's always the Elden Ring's DLC, which I did pre-order.

If DD2 ends up flopping because it's pozzed shit, Capcom might learn a lesson.

Suicidal

Arcane
E-celeb pawns are stupid but you can just... not hire them, you know? They even make it easier for you to identify and avoid them. It's like backer NPCs in Pillars of Eternity that shit out some fanfiction when you talk to them, but they all have that golden background on their name tag so you can tell who they are from a glance and not click on them.

Jinn

Arcane
I might sound like an absolute soiboi but I don't think I can handle it if this game ends up sucking.

Itsunobros.....
Try playing the game and using your own brain to come up with an opinion.
E-celeb pawns are stupid but you can just... not hire them, you know? They even make it easier for you to identify and avoid them. It's like backer NPCs in Pillars of Eternity that shit out some fanfiction when you talk to them, but they all have that golden background on their name tag so you can tell who they are from a glance and not click on them.
This marketing tactic is stupid as fuck, but just as you point out, completely inconsequential to the actual game. Hardly anything for people to get so outraged about, but whatever.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Better yet you can hire them, kill them, and rate them a 1.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Oh well, on the other hand, there's always the Elden Ring's DLC, which I did pre-order.

If DD2 ends up flopping because it's pozzed shit, Capcom might learn a lesson.
Try playing the game and using your own brain to come up with an opinion.

He said "if". There was no hard stance taken on his part. There is plenty of information in this thread, the gamergate thread, and on youtube to form an opinion if its worth a day 1 purchase, a wait and see, or to forget about it. Only the most desperate and degernate players are actually sold on its greatness without playing it. You pre-purchased it?

Better yet you can hire them, kill them, and rate them a 1.

Then they will announce how many times those e-celebs shills pawns were hired (in the millions!).

Jinn

Arcane
There is plenty of information in this thread, the gamergate thread, and on youtube to form an opinion if its worth a day 1 purchase, a wait and see, or to forget about it.
There is nothing found in any of the pre-release information that would make me think I wouldn't enjoy it just as much as the original, if not more.

Of course I'm open to being wrong about that when I finally get to play it, but I highly doubt I will be.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Then they will announce how many times those e-celebs shills pawns were hired (in the millions!).
I don't see how that would benefit Capcom in anyway.

Similar to another degenerate game, flaunting stats for their core audience to cheer on. It's a flex westernized companies do. I am anticipating Crapcom will do the same. Assuming the game isn't a broken buggy mess of course.

GAmgEhNWkAA9G8W

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
There are no comparisons to be made with BG3. That was a faggot game, a borderline grooming tool. It is not the same you reject.

REhorror

Educated
Why can't Capcom just makes the fucking game?

From did it? They did the Body type A & B shit but that was forgotten the moment the game comes out.

JUST MAKE THE GAME, ADVERTISEMENT IS SATANIC!

Ezekiel

Arcane
Haters can hate all they want but the fact of the matter is this game is pure. I think the majority of the people shitting on this game are BG3 victims who now suffer from PTSD after being virtually tricked into gay sex and/or getting virtually raped. It's okay, this game won't try to molest you. Itsuno and Capcom are not Larian so chill tf out. Capcom's western marketing team is really messing y'all up. Anyways can't wait to run/jump around as my archer!

Your character shows us why characters made by devs are better than the ones users make with inferior tools. The character creator can't calculate all those different proportions and keep it anatomically correct. I would rather play Dragon's Dogma with a bunch of developer-made party members who have more personality, backstories and can be traded out and played as individually. You switch to another party member in the middle of combat.

REhorror

Educated

Your character shows us why characters made by devs are better than the ones users make with inferior tools. The character creator can't calculate all those different proportions and keep it anatomically correct. I would rather play Dragon's Dogma with a bunch of developer-made party members who have more personality, backstories and can be traded out and played as individually. You switch to another party member in the middle of combat.
I have always preferred premade characters over custom characters, glad to see this view is spreading.

Ezekiel

Arcane

I have always preferred premade characters over custom characters, glad to see this view is spreading.
Are the custom ones not a new phenomenon? Old Japanese RPGs would not have had character creators because of the memory limits, but that's why the artists had to make sure they looked nice. I don't believe our numbers are growing. This is the first time in forever that someone has been on my side. Maybe it's because I complain about it in threads about games with custom characters.

REhorror

Educated

Are the custom ones not a new phenomenon? Old Japanese RPGs would not have had character creators because of the memory limits, but that's why the artists had to make sure they looked nice. I don't believe our numbers are growing. This is the first time in forever that someone has been on my side. Maybe it's because I complain about it in threads about games with custom characters.
Only gotten big since Souls me think.

And Souls is meatbag Armored Core, hence all the customisation.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat

:lol:

Show me a recent dev designed female that looks better than mine. I said recent. No cheating and going back to 2015.

00676-2077759967-masterpiece%20best%20quality_1.2%20%20%20yenW3_soul3142%201girl%20solo%20long%20hair%20black%20hair%20purple%20eyes%20mole%20under%20mouth%20scarf%20bl.jpeg

Of course a character creator wont let you make something like Yenn. You're retarded to expect something like that. But most modern devs are going out of their way to make fugly women so I don't get your point.

This character creator is fucking solid. Best you could hope for in 2024.

911 Jumper

Educated
Characters created in create-a-character systems have always been aesthetically inferior to dev-created characters. The visual disparity between the dev-created NPC and the player-created character is often immediately noticeable. This has been true since the PS1 days. Wrt to JRPGs, Phantasy Star Online had a create-a-character system. I think it may have been the first 3D JRPG to have one.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Are the custom ones not a new phenomenon? Old Japanese RPGs would not have had character creators because of the memory limits, but that's why the artists had to make sure they looked nice.
Not really. Custom characters have been around since 3D graphics were a thing, pretty much. You didn't have as many options back in the day, but people were playing Fashiony Star back on the dreamcast with things light height/weight sliders and selecting from dfferent cosmetic tweaks like faces, hairstyles, accessories and outfits.

Edit: Beaten to the punch. FWIW, I thought PSO characters looked pretty cool, just having significant range of height/weight and costumes gave you a lot of variety for characters. I don't think you need a creator that can mimic other characters perfectly, just enough to give decent options for general style and not end up with 30 of the exact same character running around in your playthrough. DD2 seems to kind of fail at this honestly, with the gimped height slider and appearance being covered in robes and shit anyeways, you're going to see a lot of basically identical looking pawns in the same outfits. I don't you'll be noticing which celebrity whore the face is modeled after outside of screenshots made for that purpose.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom