Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Deus Ex Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Can hardly blame people for not remembering the story to nu-DX games. About all I remember from MD was you spend 80% of the game in Prague sewers and there's a boss fight at the end against some guy.

No, Mankind Divided is the worst Deus Ex game (haven't played Invisible War, but talking the ones not considered shit by everyone).

It's got the same console sized levels and corridor centric gameplay as HR (as opposed to the much better PC gameplay of the original), but what really make it bad is the fucking distillation of the the original's 1001 conspiracies into one proto-woke humans vs augmented humans narrative which everyone in the world drones on about 24/7. Playing that game is like watching modern news, you just want to off yourself immediately.

Yeah, ok buddy. When your taste is so shit you like Manboon Divided, that's where they put you out of your misery with a silver dildo. Run along now, I got real games to play.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Metro exodus despite "semi open world" has a LOT of railroaded/corridor shooter scenes, the locations are like theme park points where you go and then scripts kick in to do something interesting, or you explore a building in a corridor/linear puzzle solving fashion manner. If you complain about it in Deus Ex MD, then how can possibly you like Metro exodus? Porky is there any consistency in your thinking?

Metro Last Light was completely linear. Metro Exodus, which is what I think you are talking about, had some great completely open levels (e.g. Volga, Caspian Sea), though it did have some more linear levels also.

But you misunderstood me. When I said Manboon Divided was corridor centric like HR, I wasn't talking about linear vs open world gameplay. I was talking about literal corridors and ventilation tunnels, which is where you spend most of your time in those games (unlike the original Deus Ex). You crawl around like a rat in pipes, listening in on people talking about augmented vs non augmented humans, for hours.

What drugs are you on, bre? Exodus has wide open world type levels, as I already mentioned. Not all of its levels are like that, yes, but to say it has a veneer of open world game when it has literal wide open world levels is retarded.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Attacking Deus Ex MD for linearity and giving Exodus as counterexample is the worst angle of attack, since both games are actually very similar in that manner - the linearity is hidden under veneer of open world game. Deus Ex still wins by a mile being less scripted in that manner and having better verticality, better density of interesting stuff rather than packed scripted POI and nothing in between. The point is both games are very similar in that manner, and if you bash one, and praise other using this angle/argument, you are inconsistent.

I am a human being, while you are a fruitcake. Now stop crying like a little bitch, your tears are like ambrosia to me.
A kike, I see :smug:

Lol, it took you that long to come up with this comeback? Wowzer...

Attacking Deus Ex MD for linearity and giving Exodus as counterexample is the worst angle of attack, since both games are actually very similar in that manner - the linearity is hidden under veneer of open world game. Deus Ex still wins by a mile being less scripted in that manner and having better verticality, better density of interesting stuff rather than packed scripted POI and nothing in between. The point is both games are very similar in that manner, and if you bash one, and praise other using this angle/argument, you are inconsistent.

At first, I was joking about Manboon Divided fans being slow, but now I see it wasn't a joke. Are you not even reading what I say, and just keep repeating the same shit over and over to yourself? Good job, bre, I guess I shouldn't insult "special" people.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom