Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2023: Results & Cool Graphs

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
And the most important criteria: quality value is sidelined. For once you have one website having a different opinion because it considers NOT ONLY production value, and the inquisition squad goes against it.
They are a religion, and we pissed on their bible, that is what the butthurt is about. They needed proof that the majority of people are true believers.
Look at those culture warriors patting themselves on the backs.

I'm sure by downvoting a game most of you didn't even play you struck a serious blow to the 'system' and who knows, maybe even to the 'globalist elites'

I'm convinced Sven Vincke and Klaus Schwab are literally shaking right now
:excellent:
You got my meaning wrong, it was pissed on by accident, because the bible is full of shit. That does however not make it any less enjoyable, of course.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
View attachment 47018

This schizo provided me with some entertainment, what the acutal fuck is this? Is the entirety of that forum like this? There will be no Caves of Lore slander on my watch.

Also, why is this faggot Mortmal still doing here?
Yea, wtf. Only after wading into that ridiculous Cry Closet smelling of vegan farts, hair dye and male estrogen I realized what an NPC soybrain Mortmal is. Didn't have that impression of him from here.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
It's interesting to see Konjad defending Codex's honor on RPG Watch, and people there just not getting it.
Post link pliz
https://rpgwatch.com/forum/threads/rpg-codex-goty-2023-results.57851/

Of course faggot Mortmal got bullied here, so he went to RPGWatch to cry how awful and toxic and worthless Codex is :smug:
Nope, I was replying to HiddenX, who no longer posts here, by the way. That statement is incorrect. People don't love Jagged Alliance 3 here most voters never played it; they hate on BG3. Now I'm not even sure if it's worth trying or if it's another Elex.
This.

People wanted to bully me so they voted for a game they never played and gave it a 1/5.

Results just show again that the codex is a joke nobody takes serious. Hell we never even got a review of the most succesful CRPG ever made.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
It's interesting to see Konjad defending Codex's honor on RPG Watch, and people there just not getting it.
Post link pliz

Of course faggot Mortmal got bullied here, so he went to RPGWatch to cry how awful and toxic and worthless Codex is :smug:
Nope, I was replying to HiddenX, who no longer posts here, by the way. That statement is incorrect. People don't love Jagged Alliance 3 here most voters never played it; they hate on BG3. Now I'm not even sure if it's worth trying or if it's another Elex.
This.

People wanted to bully me so they voted for a game they never played and gave it a 1/5.

Results just show again that the codex is a joke nobody takes serious. Hell we never even got a review of the most succesful CRPG ever made.
The results where analyzed in this thread, there is no link between putting 1/5 on BG3 and giving JA3 a good score.

Also that BG3 features divisive content is a valid reason to Vote for it 1/5,

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Post link pliz

This.

The results where analyzed in this thread, there is no link between putting 1/5 on BG3 and giving JA3 a good score.

The difference is, JA3 didn't get edgelords who didnt play it giving it 1/5 scores.

Hell JA3 isn't even an RPG. Just more proof this site is a joke that has become completely irrelevant.

ropetight

Savant
Post link pliz

This.

Be the change you want to see and make a review of BG3.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Post link pliz

This.

The difference is, JA3 didn't get edgelords who didnt play it giving it 1/5 scores.

Hell JA3 isn't even an RPG. Just more proof this site is a joke that has become completely irrelevant.
Why would anyone give JA3 a 1/5 though anyways? It's not shit, unlike BG3.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Post link pliz

This.

Why would anyone give JA3 a 1/5 though anyways? It's not shit, unlike BG3.
afbeelding.png

afbeelding.png

Keep coping, this edegelord GOTY won't change the facts.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Yep. 1/5 is Forspoken tier. 5/5 os BG2 tier. I would say that BG3 is in between 3/5 and 4/5.

Nope. Is a good adaptation of 5e removing some of 5e bs like attunement slots. The unique things which I din't liked in BG3 :
  • 5e ruleset
  • Wokefied character creation and NPC's and very unoptimized and buggy chapter 3(solved)
  • Astarion
  • I could't run in my Linux with PRoton initially due their awful launcher.
The last reason is no point to reduce their score.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

Yep. 1/5 is Forspoken tier. 5/5 os BG2 tier. I would say that BG3 is in between 3/5 and 4/5.

Nope. Is a good adaptation of 5e removing some of 5e bs like attunement slots. The unique things which I din't liked in BG3 :
  • 5e ruleset
  • Wokefied character creation and NPC's and very unoptimized and buggy chapter 3(solved)
  • Astarion
  • I could't run in my Linux with PRoton initially due their awful launcher.
The last reason is no point to reduce their score.
uhhh. I mentioned in another part of the thread that I have vastly different opinions on the matter, and since this is a subjective poll, I just... disagree.

Without the woke shit BG3 would barely scratch on the 3 for me and If I had given it a 3 It would have been because of Demon Lord reincarnation got a 2 from me and that one is really bad.
Still pretending that I can not think woke stuff makes games bad and have that reflect on my vote is nonsensical, period.

Shaki

Arbiter

JA3 also didn't get ~50 alt/troll accounts giving it 5/5, unlike BG3.

Just face it, your game is shit and despite all the efforts of larianshills, it still lost to a much better game.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Just face it, your game is shit and despite all the efforts of larianshills, it still lost to a much better game.
Only on this fringe forum filled with low iq edgelords is BG3 "bad".

The bear completely mind fcked this entire forum

Also Embarcer will kill your beloved Jagged Alliance franchise, just a matter of time.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

Also Embarcer will kill your beloved Jagged Alliance franchise, just a matter of time.
You mean on this forum which has the most prestigious RPG Grognards on the world. If the Codex says its shit, it's shit (it's still second place btw).

Larian can have all the "Gaymeawards" they want, what matter is the codex polls. It's a question of wanting to be loved by those actually liking this stuff or being liked because you get celebrated.
by ideologues hating and wanting to corrupt it.

EDIT: Also regarding JA, maybe you are right but we are as well used to decline, wouldn't be the first time, instead it is great we value games on their merit when they happen. There is nothing wrong with it being GOTY even if the series dies down again, for whatever reason.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Even if you don't think BG3 is one of the best games ever made, you have to be an absolute attention-seeking edgelord to rate it 1/5.

Literally everything people complain about in other RPG's is on point in BG3. Basically the only bad things about it are the super low level cap and the wacky woketry, most of which can be completely avoided. You don't actually need to fuck the bear. Or even Gayle.

The game has caused so much ass pain, by actually being good. Everyone was expecting to shit on Larian for destroying a classic franchise, but they actually made it better. And unfortunately a bunch of furry faggots loved it, but in today's day and age that can't be helped since almost everyone under 30 IS a faggot of some sort. Look at the Rogue Trader forums for some giga-cringe for example - a game that features zero bears or gayness (so far).

And giving a tactical turn-based combat game "RPG of the year" - big r00fles. Might as well make Tetris the #1 RPG of all time.

As I predicted:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/baldurs-gate-3-release-thread.147890/post-8602095

Although we skipped straight past the "good for what it is" stage and went straight to "it's shit"

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
troll accounts giving it 5/5,

There also a lot of people giving 1/5.

I dint rated ja3 because I dint played.

super low level cap

Lv 12 is not super low. Dark sun ahattered lands had lv cap of 9. Wake of the ravager, 15. Most ad&d games have lv cap before teens.

And in 3e, toee lv cap is 10.

In ravenloft strahd possession + stone prophet, you can only get above 12 if you play with a small 2 team party and import it in the second game. Spelljammer pirates of realmspace? Lv cap = 11.

And bg3 is 5e. 5e dont work in high levels.

Very few people here think that is bad. The second best still way better than forspoken for eg

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Even if you don't think BG3 is one of the best games ever made, you have to be an absolute attention-seeking edgelord to rate it 1/5.

Literally everything people complain about in other RPG's is on point in BG3. Basically the only bad things about it are the super low level cap and the wacky woketry, most of which can be completely avoided. You don't actually need to fuck the bear. Or even Gayle.

The game has caused so much ass pain, by actually being good. Everyone was expecting to shit on Larian for destroying a classic franchise, but they actually made it better. And unfortunately a bunch of furry faggots loved it, but in today's day and age that can't be helped since almost everyone under 30 IS a faggot of some sort. Look at the Rogue Trader forums for some giga-cringe for example - a game that features zero bears or gayness (so far).

And giving a tactical turn-based combat game "RPG of the year" - big r00fles. Might as well make Tetris the #1 RPG of all time.

As I predicted:

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/baldurs-gate-3-release-thread.147890/post-8602095

Although we skipped straight past the "good for what it is" stage and went straight to "it's shit"
Yup, this poll wasn't about the game being good or not, it was a poll about the culture war.

BG3 was the bad mean "woke" game so it had to be downvoted. The spastics on this forum happily did, desperate for any "win" they can get.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom