Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
post credits scene, the P-Consciousness is revealed
VVod4Mp.jpg

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
mooze is in a league of his own like paul ruskay and mark morgan

it's not a stalker game if mooze doesn't make the music

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You guys just now realized that in Call of Pripyat (2009) the player is a government agent? You even meet with the military troops later on.

The protagonist even introduces himself with his military rank in multiple sections of the game.

Iucounu

Educated
You guys just now realized that in Call of Pripyat (2009) the player is a government agent? You even meet with the military troops later on.
But even in CoP, the military is unpopular among stalkers. For example, I recall Lieutenant Sokolov needs to hide from them in the ecologist bunker.

The protagonist even introduces himself with his military rank in multiple sections of the game.
Only in select situations, in one such case Zulu leaves in disgust. The protagonist is an undercover agent, it's not like he's openly Military and everybody leave him alone.

Iucounu

Educated

Decent gameplay review. Replies to comments also contain some information:

Q: Would you say, that the game captures the feel of the first 3 Stalker games, that we fans crave so much?Does it feel like a true Stalker game?
A: Hard to say in truth, It covers more of the modern gamefeel of say Anomaly mod / GAMMA / METRO surprisingly, I think we're moving past the SoC atmosphere days.. for better or worse

Q: Is there leaning? They never showed leaning but its always part of stalker games
A: Oh yeah I thought this was pretty obvious so I didnt even mention it, in the fight with the bandits I was leaning around corners and it felt fluid enough

Q: Did it look/feel like they took inspiration from modded stalker, like anomaly or taken more to the originals?
A: I'd say animations for pretty much anything you do in the game is a huge indicator they looked at METRO series or GUNSLINGER / Recent Anomaly mod versions - General feeling feels very polished so you could compare that more to anomaly than the originals which feel very rough initially

ferratilis

Magister
The gunplay reminds me more of Call of Duty than a Stalker game, there's almost no recoil. Visually, everything looks nice, but the atmosphere somehow still looks off. Maybe I'm just too used to that old Stalker look, which this game doesn't even try to emulate, they seem to be going more for that Metro/Anomaly aesthetic. Cautiously optimistic.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Honestly, ever since the first Metro came out I wished that the series would be more like STALKER. If this is "Metro but more like STALKER" than I am completely fine with that - expecting an actual STALKER game in this day and age would be a bit too much tbh fam.

Iucounu

Educated
The gunplay reminds me more of Call of Duty than a Stalker game, there's almost no recoil.
The reticule does change size a bit, for example at 00:26. OTOH the player seems to fire from the hip, which should have an accuracy penalty. PCGamer says guns "kick like hell", FWIW.

Visually, everything looks nice, but the atmosphere somehow still looks off. Maybe I'm just too used to that old Stalker look, which this game doesn't even try to emulate, they seem to be going more for that Metro/Anomaly aesthetic. Cautiously optimistic.
Music plays a huge part for atmosphere, more than people realize. At least one of the leaked videos a few months age contained some decent ambience music, so hopefully this was just for the trailer, or some battle music that you can switch off independently from the ambience.

Western voice acting doesn't make it feel very East European either, of course.

Last edited:

Ryzer

Arcane
The gunplay reminds me more of Call of Duty than a Stalker game, there's almost no recoil. Visually, everything looks nice, but the atmosphere somehow still looks off. Maybe I'm just too used to that old Stalker look, which this game doesn't even try to emulate, they seem to be going more for that Metro/Anomaly aesthetic. Cautiously optimistic.
There is a trend in modern FPS, everyone emulates COD even the speedy movements and the guns holding to a T.

StrongBelwas

Cipher
Patron
Not really liking the protagonist's voice, but I probably wouldn't be playing in English anyway. Otherwise what they're showing mostly looks promising but there's still the constant doubt on how much of its real and the game is making progress and how much is stagecraft.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
The gunplay reminds me more of Call of Duty than a Stalker game, there's almost no recoil.
The reticule does change size a bit, for example at 00:26. OTOH the player seems to fire from the hip, which should have an accuracy penalty. PCGamer says guns "kick like hell", FWIW.
There's a video on X of Phil Spencer playing (while a very tired-looking Todd Howard spectates) at the booth, you can see he shoots several times (from the hip) and barely hits a loner standing right in front of him (and then he himself dies).

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Not really liking the protagonist's voice, but I probably wouldn't be playing in English anyway. Otherwise what they're showing mostly looks promising but there's still the constant doubt on how much of its real and the game is making progress and how much is stagecraft.
I don't even like Far Cry 3, but that rich white boy, Adrien Jason Brody-like voice made me nostalgic. I'll be playing with the Ukrainian voice dubs, of course.

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Why is the game so damn bright and bubbly? Remember locations like the NPP, Jupiter Plant, Agroprom Underground? I thought this was an atmospheric horror FPS with survival elements, not a fuckin' CS:GO or Call of Duty mod.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom