Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xenonauts: Community Edition

palmito

Educated
I am posting this mod that in my opinion is a must.

Xenonauts: Community Edition (X:CE) is an unofficial community-made update for Xenonauts, produced by volunteer programmers who have been given access to the source code of the game by the developers of the original game.

The intention is: To enhance and improve the original Xenonauts gameplay experience without fundamentally altering the gameplay, whilst also allowing improved mod integration and offering a larger range of optional game customisation options to those that wish to use them.

X:CE is therefore meant to be an improved version of the original game, including additional bugfixes and various new features that do not fundamentally alter the intended game experience (rather, they just make it play better).

It is also intended to include a number of optional improvements and a more advanced mod loader than the original game. This will make it easier for people to change the game if they want a non-vanilla experience.

Please bear in mind that X:CE is not an official Goldhawk product. It is community owned and community driven, which means Goldhawk cannot be held responsible for the content of the updated game or any bugs it may introduce, nor provide any customer support for it. That too will have to be handled by the volunteers who produced X:CE in the first place.

features
Cover information when moving lets you see from which directions your soldier would be protected.
cover.png

Be notified when your fighters are ready to fly another mission.
fighternotification.png

When building a new base, you can see what detection ranges it will have once you build additional radars.
radarrange.png

Memorial screen
memorial.png

Soldiers flag
flag.png

and much much more

changelog:
0.1--->0.27:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/...ommunity-Edition-0-27-changelog-and-downloads

0.28:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12037-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-28

0.30:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12168-X-CE-0-30-Release-Candidate-1

0.31:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12481-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-31

0.32:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12868-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-324

last version: 0.32 HF2 (03-17-2015)
Announcements:
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/...ouncements?s=b8843658741888b08aabbd26b80fdc71

Installation:
In the download section you can find the last version of X:CE

• In the game launcher, use "Install New Mod" in "Modding Tools" to install X:CE and the mods from the downloaded mod .zip files. (You have to select the zip files).
  • Exit the launcher.
  • Go to the xenonauts directory, find Xenonauts.exe from assets/mods/xce and create a desktop shortcut.
  • Launch the X:CE executable and verify in the launcher that it is the correct version
  • Install X:CE settings and X:CE balance also (this is automatic on Steam), otherwise several important features will be disabled.
After this, you can add more mods from here, I think all of them are compatible with xce. I have these ones
  • Khall's Tundra Tileset
  • Jazleezy's Real Fighters Portait Pack
  • Lore+
  • New Car Mod
  • Extended Weapon Descriptions for Fighters
  • Armoured Assault
  • kabill's Random Maps

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Sounds interesting. I'm still a little burnt out from binging on Xnauts in the months up to release. But when I'll inevitably feel the need to purge xenos half a year or so from now, I'll definitely look this project up.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The memorial list is the best part. Think I read though on the official forums that Chris is going to add the community stuff to the regular game in a big final patch.. 1.5 or something, can't remember.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
And thus someone would fix it for them. On the other hand they had modest kickstarter.

Well perhaps it would be better if it would be done by someone who would actually be able to do programming, and by few volunteers in spare time.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's worth mentioning for new folks that the newer versions of CE have added a huge number of new maps to the game. No more repeating the same 3 maps over and over. There are more buildings on the new maps. Combined with the AI upgrades, were aliens are far more likely to hide in houses, ground missions are deadlier than ever.

Regvard

Arcane
Played through an entire campaign in Xenonauts CE, seems to be much improved. That being said, I am gonna give the game a 0/10 because I stunned the High Praetor in the final mission through great sacrifice, put that fucker into a backpack, got out and didn't even get a flavor text acknowledging it. Just a normal report like "Praetor Leader: Executed"

:rage:

PS: I avenged the brothers who fell during the capture by killing hundreds of Reapers until I ran out of ammo. Endless reapers are stupid too.

I might give the X-Division mod a whirl to see how it goes. Looks like it addresses some of the problems (instead of Ballistic-->Laser-->Plasma-->Mag it has four tiers of weapons, each with a different variety which will have different strengths and weaknesses to the various alien races), and it also extends the game, adds more capture missions, more reasons to keep going on UFO runs to get materials for manufacturing (expands manufacturing extensively). I don't know how long it's going to be for the .99 version (which is essentially the final release version before all bug squashing/balancing) to be released, but I'll probably check in a few and give you all an update.

palmito

Educated
new version. XCE 0.34 5/10/2015(yesterday):
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/13357-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-0-34

download links (X:CE 0.34 and X:CE 0.34 - Mod Pack)
http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10

Installation (Windows Steam users):
  • NOTE: It may take a while before Steam gets updated to this new version.
  • Switch to the Community branch in Steam by right-clicking on Xenonauts, selecting Properties, going to the Betas tab and selecting Community.
  • You can enable/disable mods in "Modding Tools" in the game launcher.
  • You can revert to the standard official game by switching back to the NONE branch in Steam.

Installation (other users):
  • In the game launcher, use "Modding Tools" to install the base X:CE mod (it may take a while, you will get a confirmation dialog when the installation is done). Note that if you use the Xenonauts 1.5x release as a base, the newly installed mod will not show in the list, ignore this.
  • Exit the launcher.
  • Run X:CE's game executable instead of the base game's executable. It is possible to run it directly from assets/mods/xce and it is not anymore necessary to copy it anywhere (it may be useful to create a desktop shortcut to simplify accessing it though). If you do copy the .exe files, you may need to copy .dll files as well.
  • Verify in the launcher that it is the correct version.
  • Install the X:CE mod pack using "Modding Tools" in the launcher, this will install the X:CE settings and balance mods as well as a selection of community mods. Adjust which mods are active if wanted (selected mods should be already activated automatically).
  • On first game start you may get a dialog warning about X:CE mods not being activated correctly or in the correct priority order, simply confirm that you want it to be fixed automatically.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Hell yes was waiting for the finalised 0.34!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom