Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

X-Com resolution

ever

Scholar
If you want full d3d support download gulikoza's build. It gives you access to some fancy sclaers and shaders as well as some really cool things like munt mt32 emulation as well as the openglide patch which emulates voodoo cards.

Just search gulikoza in google.

And yes the dosbox community don't document anything cause everyone who uses dosbox is a huge nerd anyway who probably compiles it themselves using turtleSVN and the like.

I don't like it either but after like 8974892038789208743523 hours of my life spent on figuring dosbox out I have it pretty downpat so I have little to complain about anymore.

I personally use openglnb with the harware3x scaler. If the game is going to fast just set your cycles lower. 20,000 is a good number of cycles for x-com. I think that's the equivalent of a 486 or close to it. You can also adjust the scrolling speed in the x-com in game options.

Tails

Arbiter
Gragt said:
Since you seem to know a lot about this: what are the drawbacks of the CE? From the little I tried, with the loader, the most annoying problem is the speed, but what else is wrong?
With loader it's hard to say, since it changes and fixes loads of things that are annoying in vanilla CE. Still the sounds are crappy so I suggest you use this patch. It changes sounds like Sectoid death scream and Cyberdiscs move (they irritated me mostly) to those before 1.4 DOS Patch.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Ah, true, I forgot that 1.4 "destroyed" the sounds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom